Chapter 2

"You did what?!" Ruffnut asked for the hundredth time.

"I told you," I said, getting annoyed " I accidently tripped my mom and nearly escaped death"

As you can see, I miraculously found my way to the depths of tatarus itself, mostly referred to as school. And that was how I ended up having this conversation with my best friend Ruffnut.

Ruffnut has been my best friend since 6th grade, which is pretty darn good considering we have stuck together through the struggles of life. Ruffnut is about the same height as me if not a half inch taller, with blond hair and brown eyes. We became best friends because we both know what its like to have people be jealous of you.

As we made our way to first period I retold the story of my close call to death. As I was talking I noticed this girl named April coming towards us. April was one of those wannabes who thinks she's popular but it actually a living replica of me and Ruff.

I mean if you thought that I was stuck up? You should see April, who literally dyed her hair blond just so everyone would think we were triplets , or some crap like that. The only reason I keep her around is because she knows everything about everbody.

Bigmouth? You don't know the half of it.

"Hey guys"April said, announcing her arrival.

"Speak of the devil" Ruffnut mumbled, earning a warning glare from me.

"Hi April, what's up?" I said trying to cover up Ruffnut's unappreciated comment, even though I couldn't agree more.

"Nothing much but I just heard that justin broke up with amanda and that he asked out her best friend Miya ...." April said continuing to blab about everyone personal business.

Ruffnut shot me a annoyed look and made a face behind April's back causing me to let out a slight giggle.

"Whats so funny?" April asked stoppong in the middle of her rant.

"Nothing"I said, trying to become as straightfaced as possible, "go on". Please shut up

April resumed her gossip and I occasionally added in some words every once and a while to keep up the conversation, but my attention was soon diverted when I saw a familair Mercedes beiz pull up into the parking lot.

He didn't I thought as I tried to process the situation.

Sure enough soon as the car stopped the driver, who happened to be none other than Hiccup Haddock himself hopped out of the driver's seat and made his way to our little group.

"Astrid!" He yelled out, "you forgot your lunch!"

"What are you? My mom?" I yelled back,causing a couple of annoyed to be tossed in my direction.

Ignoring the looks I got from other people I waited for Hiccup to walk over to me and my friends.

On his way over I noticed a lot of girls throwing him flirty glances and batting their eyelashes at him.

I seriously need to have a word to them about that I said making a mental note to myself.

I mean cmon, Hiccup was like a practical adult compared to them,but that didn't stop them from trying to snag his attention, which he gratefully ignored.

"Ash' you're really not on top of your game this morning " he said smiling at me while I took my lunch away from him amd inspected the contents.

" I'm always on top of my game"I said still occupied with searchjng my lunch.

"Always is never in your case" He shot back.

I stuck my tongue out at him, which made him laugh. I had almost forgotten about my friends until April piped up.

"Um..Ash ? Are you going to introduce us,or do we have to do it ourselves?" Asked April, making sure to take a extra step towards Hiccup and toss her hair over her shoulder.

"Oh my bad, this is April and Ruffnut " , I said pointing to each girl in turn.Hiccup gave me a knowing look when I intruduced April. He was pretty familiar with April, because of my many rants about her habit to be extra copy of me, but that didn't stop him from holding out his hand and saying "Hiccup. Nice to meet you".

Hmph. More like what did I do to deserve this punishment?

April grabbed his hand making sure to stand as close to him as possible and bat her eylashes at him at every spare moment, which kind of annoyed me for some reason.

"Well now you guys know each other, it is 7:56 and I don't think we need to have another tardy" I said grabbing April hand and yanking her away from Hiccup and towards class

"Bye Hiccup, and thanks!" I said walking away and waving at him. He looked confused and I hated to ditch him, but it was really was time to go to class, and I could not afford another tardy.

The last I need was my parents coming at me about tardiness.

On the way to class Ruffnut gave me a knowing look as if she knew something I didn't.

"What?"I asked " Is it a crime to be on time?"

"No" she said giving me a smirk and hurrying into the classroom before I could intergorate her more.

A/n - whew! My thumbs hurt! How you guys like the story so far?  NaraLove13 your book was so awesome bff! I'm going to take luke from allison♥!
Book to read -When we met by NaraLove13