Chapter 4

The rest of the day was a nightmare.

April has been bothering me all day. The only she isn't dead yet is because Ruffnut stopped me.

Now thats its time to go home I stop to say goodbye to Ruffnut and head to my jeep, making sure to avoid April at all costs.

*time skip*

" I'm home" I shout, my voice echoing through the house. As I lock the door a familiar voice greets me back.

"Hi Home, my names Hiccup!  It's nice to meet you" Hiccup jokes  coming into the room.

"Shut up " I roll my eyes at him, not in the mood for any jokes, but a small smile appears on my face despite my attempts to keep it hidden.

We make our way to the living room where I turn plop down on the couch and let out a huge sigh.

Dang Astrid,  you're acting you're the one with a job" Hiccup says moving my feet over to make room for himself.

"School is a full time job, with presistant bosses and ignorant  coworkers" I said ,putting my feet in his lap whike talking to him.
"Was it that bad?" He asks

" Worse", I say " I mean I got stuck with April, who is by far the single most annoying person I know"

" Didn't I meet April today?," he asks. I nod" she doesn't seem so bad.."

I roll my eyes. Of course Hiccup wouldn't know if a girl was flirting with him. He's too busy with other stuff to be concerned about high school girls. 

" When you see a rose do you say" oh that rose looks so pretty let me pick it!", I say, reaching for the remote and turning on the tv. "No because if you pick it you get pricked by the thorns." 

" Girls... " Hiccup says scratching his head in confusion.

I flip the channel until I land on The amazing world of gumball

Yes, I know that this show is for kids, but I need something to amuse me and help me out of my funk. I was just at the part where gumball had to ask Penny out, when the remote was out of my grasp and the channel  was suddenly flipped to the news.

"Hiccup, what the heck?!" I yelled at him.

" What?" He asked trying to play innocent ," In some countries its considered cool to know whats happening in the world."

"Hiccup, the last thing I need is for you to try to teach me how to be cool" I said making a grab for the remote. He expertly dodged and laughed at my pathetic attempt. I growled and lunged towards him  swiping the remote quickly, and jumped over the other back of the couch, running towards  the kitchen.

"Ya gotta be faster Haddock! " I yelled laughing as he scrambled from the couch and began chasing me.

I heard his footsteps behind me quickly changed direction towards the dining room and hid behind the curtain, making sure to be as quiet as possible. I waited patiently,careful not to make a sound.

A couple of seconds later I heard him enter the room and I got into my ready stance,careful not to ruffle the curtain. Once I was sure he was close enough I jumped out of the curtain and nearly gave him a heart attack when  I yelled "SUPRISE!!"

Omg! He looks like he just saw a ghost! I thought dying of laughter

"Gods Astrid!" he said, clutching his chest and looking at me like I had lost my mind. "What is wrong with you!"

" Even the doctors don't know Hiccup" I said laughing, if possible even louder at his incredulous face.

Just then I hear the door open "I'm home!"

Uh oh! Mothers home

Me and Hiccup exchanged a look and with just a look passed  between us  he gets it, without a second glance he slides into the room to greet my mom. With Hiccup distracting her I sneak up the stairs and to my room,  but not before I exchange glances with Hiccup. He shoots me a smile which I return.

A/ n: Yass! I finished the chapter and got some hiccstrid in!         * wipes invisible sweat off forehead*  whew!
I'm on a roll guys! Anyways tell  me how you guys are feeling  about the story so far, don't be afraid to comment! ♥
More fluff on the way!