Chapter 12 - "Don't You Remember Me?"

They were on the train a few hours later still drinking coffee to keep themselves awake.

“I don’t know what time we should go to the venue,” Belle said. “I don’t really know how big they are, and I don’t really want to sleep on the street for no reason.”

“Well we’ll be able to see when people get there anyway,” Katie said. “We’ll just have to look outside before we go to sleep, then we can go line up after the first people get there, we‘ll still get to the barrier.”

Belle and Katie got to the motel just after lunch. They looked up the street, but no one was at the venue, so they went inside and slept.

Belle walked outside when she woke up a few hours later, it was just after sunset and there was still a bit of light in the sky. She sighed when she saw figures sitting near the venue doors and walked back inside to wake Katie up.

They walked down with their pillows and in their pyjamas. There were two girls and one guy in front of them. They said hi to Belle and Katie then went on talking. Belle woke up several times through the night hearing all sorts of noises. She decided to stay awake when she opened her eyes to the sun coming up, the people in front of them were still asleep except for one girl. She looked beside her and heard Kiara snoring slightly. She looked back to the blonde girl that wasn’t asleep.

“Hey,” She smiled. “I’m Belle by the way.”

“Oh, hi, I’m Amy,” She smiled back.

“I haven’t really been to one of these before,” Belle said. “Do you have any idea how many people will be here?”

Amy shrugged. “There’s usually quite a few. I guess more now that they’ve released their album.”

“Is there a very good chance of meeting them?” Belle asked.

“Run straight to the gate after the concert,” Amy smiled, pointing at the bared gate.

***

The rest of the day was probably the most boring day Belle had ever experienced. All they did was sit there. She waited patiently knowing that it’d be over soon enough and by the time they got into the concert Belle was exhausted from just sitting all day. She jumped around and screamed even though she didn’t know any of the support band’s songs. She watched in amazement at everyone going wild as short stack came on. She couldn’t believe how far they’d gotten in just a few short years. She took Amy’s advice and went straight to the gate after the show finished, pushing and shoving girls out of her way.

***

Belle watched Andy walk toward her end of the gate a little while later, Shaun and Bradie walking to the opposite end. She stared patiently as he signed a poster and got photos with the girl beside her.

“Thanks for coming,” he smiled at her before moving to Belle. She didn’t say anything, just stared.

“Would you like me to sign something?” Andy asked her, gesturing to his pen. Belle didn’t know what to say, he obviously didn’t know who she was. Andy looked at her funny, shrugged, said thank-you for coming and went to move on to the next person.

“Wait!” She said, and he turned back to look at her.

“Don’t you remember me?” She asked.

Andy laughed nervously. “Uh, don’t take it personally but I’ve met a lot of fans.” Belle looked at him one last time then let herself get pushed away by the girls standing behind her.