Chapter 18 - "I've Missed You"

Belle stood there self consciously in her heels, patting her hair and smoothing her dress, she couldn’t help remembering what he’d said in Brisbane. He’d seen her in Bundaberg before she’d ran away, but she still couldn’t help worrying he wouldn’t recognize her again. Breathing deeply she knocked quietly on the wall beside her. Andy spun around quickly holding a camera in one hand and battery in the other.

“Hi,” Belle said quietly, looking past Andy and trying not to make eye contact. He smiled when he saw her, setting down the camera and stepping forward so he could wrap his arms around her. Belle hesitated, wrapping her arms around his waist so she could hug him back. She held him loosely unsure of what he was thinking.

“You look so great,” Andy said, stepping back to look at her. “It’s really good to see you again.”

“You too,” Belle replied, still looking away. He lifted his hand, moving her chin so she was looking at him. Every single memory she had with him came running back to the top of her mind when she looked into his eyes.

“I’ve missed you,” Andy said.

“I’ve missed you too,” Belle whispered, struggling to speak.

“Andy?” Someone behind them asked. He dropped his hand and she immediately looked away. Belle felt someone walk past her through the doorway and watched as a tall blonde girl stepped forward wrapping her arms around Andy’s neck. She wasn’t sure why she felt like crying when she saw this but she quietly mumbled that she was going to go talk to the others and left quickly. She walked down a hallway and made sure there was no one around, she leaned against the wall breathing heavily in and out and fluttering her eyes a few hundred times before she was sure she wouldn’t start crying. She wiped her finger under each eye to make sure nothing was smudged and left to find Shaun, Katie and Bradie.