Chapter 3: Friends

A week has passed since school started. Not much has changed since then. I'm still in war with Kazuki and he keeps annoying me. I have more or less become accustomed to his teasing but is still annoying when in class. The only good thing that has happened is that there aren't any groups of people around Kazuki like before. There is a guy that has been here a lot lately but as long as I'm not bothered I couldn't care less about him.

"Next period is self-study because Aoyama-sensei is absent today." said the teacher. It could be seen how almost everyone in the class was smiling and almost screaming from excitement and happiness because even tough is called self-study time almost no one studies and goes to talk with their friends.

Self-study period:

"Sup Kazuki, now that is self-study time, how about we study some random knowledge?" said a guy. "Yo Miyamoto, random knowledge? What is that?" said Kazuki. "Yeah, random knowledge. I asked something random and you answer, you ask me something random and I answer. Of course if one of us answers incorrectly there will be a punishment. How about it?" said Miyamoto. "Asking each other random questions with a penalty, hmm..." Said Kazuki in a low voice. "Of course I'm in," he said afterward. "Yush! Let the question game begin!" said Miyamoto who was in high spirits. "You begin," said Kazuki. "Ok, hmmm... The name of a cake made with cheese?" asked Miyamoto. "That's easy, a cheesecake," answered Kazuki. "That's because I went easy on you. Now is your turn, " said Miyamoto. "Genre of music that starts with the letter R?" asked Kazuki. "...Rock" answered Miyamoto. "That's correct," said Kazuki. "Phew! I thought I was wrong there," said Miyamoto relieved. The questioning went on for about 10 minutes. "Hehe! Now, this is a far more difficult one, or maybe not? What is the name of my partner?" asked Miyamoto My confidently. "Easy. Her name is Yuuna Tsubame," said Kazuki also confidently. "Ack! I should have guessed so. Sigh..." said Miyamoto dishearten. "Now is my turn," said Kazuki grinning. "What is the name of my partner?" asked Kazuki. "Eh!? Your partners' name!? I'm not so sure. Has it been even mentioned before?" said Miyamoto confused. "Yes, I think so, giving up?" said Kazuki. "Like hell, I will!" said Miyamoto.

Several minutes later:

"Agh!!! I give up!" said Miyamoto desperate. "Really? Seems like I won then, right?" said Kazuki grinning. "Sigh! Yeah... You won... And I was the one who started the fight, I feel pathetic." said Miyamoto disappointed. "There's nothing you can do, is not like he has much of a presence," said Kazuki. "That's right," said Miyamoto. "As to not happen this again I will do the presentations," said Kazuki. "That sounds great," said Miyamoto. *Poke* I could feel someone touch my shoulder. I look at Kazuki and he makes a pose telling me to take off my headphones. I do so and look at him. "Ren, this is my friend Hashino Miyamoto. Miyamoto, this is Akemi Ren," said Kazuki. "Akemi Ren... Ah! Now I remembered. He was the really gloomy-like guy. Cause I didn't hear anything about him anymore I kinda forgot. My bad. Sorry! Please forgive me for forgetting about you. I shouldn't have forgotten. I'm really sorry." said Miyamoto. "..." I looked at him without saying nothing and then said: "Is not like it really matters, I'm not looking to be remembered." I said looking at him serious and disinterested. "Uhhh... Ok... If you say so, but I really feel sorry for forgetting even if you don't care." said Miyamoto. "Do what you want," I said and kept on with what I was doing before being interrupted. I didn't put on my headphones because I was sure this pointless conversation was going to keep on going I was still going to be bothered. "Now you know him, what you have to say?" said Kazuki. "What I think? The only thing I have to say that I want to know how you managed to be his friend," said Miyamoto. "I haven't, I'm still trying to make him say I'm his friend, right Ren?" said Kazuki. "You're just annoying as hell," I said looking at him with a bored expression. "Pftt!! Hahaha!! I think he's the first guy that thinks that way about you. Hahaha!!! I can't believe it. You really earned a great partner." said Miyamoto laughing nonstop. "Can you please not laugh so much," said Kazuki while teasing Miyamoto. "Hey! Stop it!" said Miyamoto evading Kazuki who was trying to tease him. This is nothing that concerns me. With that said, I was about to put my headphones on when I see a fist in front of me. I look up and see Miyamoto smiling. "You really are impressive. I will be glad to be your friend, how about it?" said Miyamoto while smiling at me. I just looked at his fist and looked at him. Before I could say anything he said. "Ehhh? Don't you know what a fist bump is?"  "Fist... Bump...?" I said in doubt. "Yeah! You put your fist near mine and then bump them together. See? Like this." said Miyamoto while I did what he said. I was a little astounded by that until he said: "Sooo? How about it? Friends?" "I don't have such a thing nor I need to," I said acting as cold as always. I don't want to mix up with people. That would cause unnecessary relationships that would end up in tragedy. "I haven't seen a human being that is able to live without friends," said Miyamoto. "In that case here is your living example of it," I said. Before Miyamoto could talk Kazuki said: "Stop it, Miyamoto. You can't force him if he doesn't want. Give him time. In due time he would accept it but for now take it easy, ok?" The words he said seemed to have struck Miyamoto deeply because he looked like as though he had done something bad. "Sorry to force you Ren-Kun, I will wait for the day you accept me as a friend," said Miyamoto seriously. "But of course he would say it to me first," said Kazuki. Like that, a pointless fight started between who was going to be called a friend by me first. Friends... It's been a while since someone called me that. With those thoughts in mind, the day passed by...