New Year Special

Akemi POV

"Ugh! What is all that sound?" I said as I woke up. There was a loud noise downstairs. It was obviously because of my sister, she loves this type of activities. Oh! I guess I didn't tell you but today is the end of the year. So yeah, she is making preparations for it. I actually don't really care. Except for the food and fireworks of course. If it were for me I would stay all day long in the house and then I would go out to see the fireworks while I eat some sweets. But my sister insisted on making a party for her co-workers, and I being her brother am obliged to attend. I lazily went to the bathroom and then downstairs to get something to eat. As I got near the kitchen, there was a sight which shocked me. There were Kazuki, Miyamoto and some girl helping my sister get everything ready.

I just stood there dumbfounded. "Hey! Are you simply gonna stare or what?" Said Arisu in an annoying way. "Yo Ren! How are 'ya?" Said Miyamoto in his carefree tone. "So? How is our sleepy beauty this morning?" Said Kazuki in a teasing way. "Hmph! I wouldn't have come if my sister didn't force me to." Said that unknown girl in a really grumpy way. "Yeah... So... What the hell is happening here? Did I woke up in a nightmare or what?" I said while looking at Arisu.

"Oh! Silly! Of course not! They are here to help me and so that you don't feel too awkward at the party." Arisu said in high spirits. "Isn't that at night?" I asked her. "Yes! But they came in advance to help. Oh! And they are staying all through the night too." She said. "Yeah... I will simply take something to eat and go upstairs. Don't look for me, ok?" I told her as I took some food and headed back upstairs. "Don't you dare be absent to the party or I won't forgive you." She said in a menacing way. "Yes... I will be there." I said in a neutral tone.

I went upstairs to my room and killed some time on my computer until it was time for the party.  When the time was nearing I went to get ready. I headed downstairs and everyone was finishing the preparations for the activity.

"Hey! Thanks for the help lil' bro." Arisu said with all the sarcasm she could. "You are welcome. Whenever you want." I said back with the same sarcasm. "Well, I had some helpers but only Tsubame-chan helped. Miyamoto-kun and Kazuki-kun were just talking and playing, and you, well you were just in your room." She told me. So the girl's name is Tsubame. "Well, at least I am here. And where are the others?" I asked her. "Oh~ nice to see you are interested." She said teasingly. "Shut up! Is nothing like that." I told her angrily.

While we were fighting Kazuki and the others came to the room. "Hey!!! Look who's here." Miyamoto said with his ever so carefree tone. Suddenly I feel someone behind me touch my shoulder. I look behind me surprised to find Kazuki. "Yo! Not running away this time, or are you?" Kazuki said teasingly. I instinctively blushed when I saw him.

"Ok, everybody! Let's get this started because my friends are coming every second now." Arisu told us as she turned on the music and not long after people started coming. As expected I was feeling uncomfortable but thanks to Miyamoto and Kazuki I had other matters to worry about. Though I always felt a death stare from that Tsubame girl. The party went on slowly and painfully. Until the year was about to end. At that time everyone was excitedly waiting for the year to end. I as is to be expected wasn't as excited, but as I said before I love the fireworks so I was looking to it. We went outside to wait for the fireworks. Arisu was making the regressive count as we all waited. "10.. 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Happy New Year Everyone!!!!" Arisu said full of excitement "Wohooo!!! Yay!!! Happy New Year!!!" Everyone was screaming with all their lungs as we watched the fireworks. I was sitting in a corner eating cake while watching the fireworks when someone sits next to me. I looked and it was Kazuki. "Happy New Year, I hope for a long year with you," Kazuki said while gently smiling. I blushed lots and didn't say anything. We just stared at the sky watching how it was painted with colors for a few seconds. Until I said, "Me too..." In a low really shy tone...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

Happy New Year Everyone!
I hope this year to be a great one filled with a lot of surprises. I will try to update more but I can't guarantee anything. But be sure of one thing, things are going to become better now. (^_-)