Chapter 10

Alaska's POV

Watching Rose with my daughter has to be one of my favorite things in the world. She loves Ava like she was her own daughter, which I guess she is. Even though we've only been together for three months, I cant help but love her. Most would say that's to soon, but I do not care.

Im excited to raise the twins with her. Ava is beyond excited to become a big sister and have a mama. When she first called Rose that, I worried. 'What if we break up?' That was my biggest issue. It'll break all our hearts, but the look on both Rose and Ava's faces squashed those fears. I can't see us ever breaking up, even if we do, I know she'll still be around for Ava.

Yesterday after our beach day, Rose asked if I wanted to go visit her parents. I am beyond nervous. What if they don't like me or Ava, or worse what if they think I am taking advantage of Rose.

I am packing up our suitcases for our week long stay at her parent's house. Rose and Ava were sitting in the livingroom playing. I walk out and ask if they are ready for the hour drive.

We get into the car, me driving. I have one hand on the steering wheel, the other is holding Rose's hand. Ava is screaming along with the radio. It's going to be a long hour.

We finally arrive to Rose's childhood home. It is a very quaint little home. Big enough for her and her family. Rose has three siblings. One full brother, and two half siblings. The home we are at now is her mother's and step-father's. Her family come running out. Her ten year old sister being the first one to greet her. Then comes her full brother and her parents.

I am standing with Ava in my arms, while they all reunite. After about ten minutes, her family ushers us into the house for dinner.

"So Alaska, Rose tells us you are a university teacher," Beatrice, my girlfriend's mom asks.

"Uh, yes ma'am, I teach sociology."

"Well how old are you dear? Because you seem to be quite young to have a daughter as old as Ava."

"Mom! I am so sorry Alaska, you do not have to answer that."

"I-it's ok. I am 25, I had Ava at 20. It was not my choice, I am not happy to how it happened, but I can never hate her father for what he did to me. He gave me Ava."

"So where is Ava's father now?"

"He's in a maximum security prison ma'am." I look over at Ava, who is giggling at the kid's table with Erin.

"Oh I am so sorry, dear." Rose's mom looks sorry for bringing it up, while Rose looks mortified.

Porter, Rose's step-dad, clears his throat, "what do your parents do, Alaska?"

I look down at my plate of food, I haven't even told Rose yet. I can feel her eyes piercing into me. Her questioning glare burning me from the inside out. I can feel the tears start to brim to the surface.

"My parent's were lawyers, sir."

"Were? Did they retire, dear?"

The thoughts and images I was thinking and seeing, were suffocating me. I could feel a panic attack rising. As I was about to bolt out of my chair, Rose came over and held me.

"It's okay, sweetie. I am here. Why don't we: you, Ava, and I all go to my room and go to bed?" I just nod my head as Rose yells for Ava and we walk to her old bedroom.

Rose lays Ava on the blow-up mattress that is beside her queen-sized bed. She grabs my hand an pulls me onto her bed. I put my head on her chest, with my hand on her stomach. I slowly fall asleep, tears streaming down my face, as I listen to my love's heartbeat.

Please read author's note, thanks.
I start college again at the end of this month. I am hoping that I will be able to write more because I will be able to use my computer, as I will have wifi access. So far I have written this story on my phone, so it is a bit difficult. Thanks all. I love y'all. Also I dont know if anyone reading this does covers, but if you do, i would really love if you could do one for me.