Epilogue

Three years later.

Sarah's POV

I looked at the door. I know I should go in but I couldn't move my legs.

"If you keep biting your nails, you won't have any to bite off when you're nervous." Dave sat down by me and took the hand I was biting.

"I'm sorry. It's just...... I can't believe this is happening. I don't know if it was actually that good. I think I could have rewrote it. I mean a "truth or dare without the truth"? That wasn't exactly an easy idea to write dialogue for."

"Sarah, take a deep breathe. You're going to cause yourself to go into a panic attack." Dave said wrapping his arms around me and kissing my neck.

"I'm sorry. I'm just super nervous." I sighed leaning my head against his chest.

We sat outside for a few more minutes and waited. They were suppose to be reviewing the script one last time before they started the table reading.

We jumped to our feet when the door opened. "Miss Sanders?" I held my breathe. "It's perfect. Thank you so much." Henry Joost smiled holding out his hand for me to shake.

I took it as my heart rate slowed down. "Thank you. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be picked to write the script. Jeanne Ryan is a very talented writer. I just hope I didn't ruin her novel."

"Quite the opposite actually." Jeanne Ryan herself came out of the room. "It's nice to meet you, Sarah. I love the script. It's perfect. You know, you are very talented and I can definitely see you going places."

"That means so much coming from you. Thank you." I felt Dave slip his hand into mine and give me a tight squeeze.

"Well, why don't we get this table reading started." Henry Joost smiled as he clapped his hands together once.

I watched as they all walked into the room. Dave stopped, laughed, and turned around when he realized I wasn't following them. "You coming?"

"Yeah," I said still not moving. He laughed before shaking his head and walking over to me.

"Earth to Sarah!" He sang taking my hands in his. He looked down at my hand and played with the ring he put on my finger not three weeks ago. My mind instantly wandered to that night.

I could tell something was on his mind all night. He was nervous. Not his "Interview" kind of nervous but his "nothing is going right" clumsy kind of nervous. We went to dinner and walked through a park before he led me to a cabana he had James decorated with roses and lights.

"Dave? What is this?" I asked in awe.

"Isn't it obvious?" He laughed. "The most perfect girl in the world deserves a romantic evening."

Before I had a chance to say anything, he took my hand and led me to the table. He pulled my chair out for me but as he walked to his chair he tripped and hit his knee on the table.

"Are you okay?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"Yeah," he stuttered. He sat down and laughed. "This night is not going as I planned." He shook his head.

"No," I laughed reaching over the table and taking his hand. "I think this is all very sweet." He looked at me and smiled.

"It's just, this has to be perfect because you......you deserve perfect."

"Okay. What is going on?" I laughed. "You've been acting weird all night."

"I've been acting weird because......." He took a deep breathe before reaching in his pocket and pulling out a small black box. He stood up and stood in front of me.

I gasped as he got down on one knee. "Sarah, I know we met in a......different situation but I think about that day all the time. I think about what our lives would be like if we didn't meet and I hate thinking that because you make me unbelievably happy. I will do anything and everything to make you happy. For as long as I live because I love you Sarah. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So Sarah Sanders, will you marry me?"

He opened the little black box revealing a gorgeous diamond ring. I bit my lip as I looked at the most perfect guy in the world.

"Yes." I smiled with a small giggle. "Of course yes!" He stood up and pressed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling us closer. Mid kiss Dave picked me up and spun me around making me laugh.

As he put me down and slipped the ring on my finger there was a sudden wave of applause. I laughed as I saw both our families walking towards us with big smiles on their faces.

I snapped back to reality when Dave poked my cheek. "I'm sorry," I laughed. "I just.....wow, our lives have changed so much. A few years ago, I was stuck in the past but now I'm a screenwriter and I'm marrying my best friend. Everything is perfect." I stood on my tip toes and pressed my lips to his.

He pulled away and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Come on," he whispered. "Let's go listen as everyone reads your amazing writing." He kissed my cheek before taking my hand and leading me into the room.

As we read through the script I wrote, our hands were intertwined under the table. The boy who ran me over really did change my life. And I get to spend the rest of my life with him.