rules + application [closed]

UPDATE: All eleven spots have been filled. My apologies to anyone I wasn't able to include, but thank you for your interest!

▬▬ι═════════════════════ι▬▬

- INTRO -

Hello! If you're reading this, thank you so much for checking out my story. This book is a retelling of Ninjago Season 4 with a twist...instead of the Elemental Masters from the show, the Ninja will be competing against your OCs! Tournament of Elements is one of my favorite seasons, so I'm super excited to be sharing this project with Wattpad.

To keep things interesting and focus more on your OCs, I'll be making some changes from the original show. Some scenes and characters will be altered or cut as needed—just wanted to let you know now, so you're not confused later! In addition, while some of the Tournament events will be the same as in the show, others will be different to switch things up.

If you'd like to participate, please read the rules below!

▬▬ι═════════════════════ι▬▬

- RULES -

•With the exception of Lloyd + Kira from my fanfic, Moonlight, I won't be writing OC/Ninja ships. Same goes for OCs who are related to canon characters—sorry! I mainly want to focus on the story and not complicate things with fan/canon character relationships. I can, however, try to write in some OCxOC moments if anyone wants that.

•If you'd like your character to interact with any of the canon characters, include it in your form, and I'll do my best to include it at some point in the book!

•Like the Tournament in the show, characters will be eliminated over time...after all, only one can remain. That being said, please be aware this could happen to your OC. I guarantee, though, everyone will get their chance to shine by the end ;)

•Since this season takes place before other Elementals were introduced, powers like water, wind, and time are allowed. You can also use any of the Elemental Masters' powers (like shadow, nature, etc.) since they aren't in this book. The only exceptions are amber and crystal for the sake of the story.

•Keep in mind I can't accept characters with the same power, otherwise it'll get weird haha. If your character's element has already been taken, you can come up with a different one for them if you'd still like to participate.

Sorry for making you read all that! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

▬▬ι═════════════════════ι▬▬

- APPLICATION -
(Fill out in comments)

*****

*PLEASE BE DETAILED. I can't stress this enough! It'll be very hard for me to write without a solid understanding of what your character looks and acts like.*

*There are 11 spots available, first come first serve! At this time, only one character is allowed per person. If you know anyone who might be interested in applying, feel free to tag them or send this book to them!*

*****

•Name (first and last)

•Age (must be at least 15, if they're younger just age them up lol)

•Gender identity + pronouns

•Motivation – Why are they participating? What will they do if they win?

•Appearance – Please be detailed! If you have a face claim for them, include it here.

•Personality – Listing a few words will NOT be enough. Think about their strengths, weaknesses, flaws, what motivates them, how they interact with other people, etc.

•Elemental power – The Ninjas' elements plus amber and crystal are unavailable, but anything else is fair game! Characters with multiple or no powers will not be considered. If possible, include a description of what your OC can do with their power, otherwise I'll improvise.

•(Optional) A little bit about their backstory and/or family if they have any. I have a nice way I'd like to use this information in the story ;)

•Any other important info you want me to know.

If I need any other information, I'll ask you :)

▬▬ι═════════════════════ι▬▬

That's all! Thanks again for checking out my book, and happy applying!