New Job

"Is she dead?" I heard a voice. It sounded like Deidra.
"No! She can't be! She was breathing last night!" I heard Tobi. Someone nudged me with their foot, and I sat up.
"So, the bitch is awake," I saw Hidan, Deidra and Toby.
"What is it?" I asked.
"You're the new maid, get to work," Hidan threw a a few dirty cloths at me, and I caught them. He left, and I looked up at Tobi and Deidra.
"What does he mean?" I asked, still a little scared from the night before.
"You get to clean the house, since everyone else, doesn't want to," Deidra said, his arms crossed. I got up, and held the clothes pile in one arm.
"Okay," I said quietly.

I went around the house, and cleaned up the best I could. Very now and then some members would get into fights, and make a whole other mess for me to clean up. Surprisingly though, I was done cleaning the place, around early afternoon. I wiped my face with the back of my arm, and smiled. I had rolled up the sleeves of my sweater, so I could work easier. When I began to leave the main room, after cleaning, I heard an explosion go off.

I quickly rushed to the kitchen, and found Deidra and Hidan. Hidan was snarling at Deidra. They didn't seem to notice me, when I entered.
"You damn idiot! You almost blew me the fuck up!" Hidan snarled.
"It's my art!" Deidra defended. His art...? I thought, getting ready to clean. Hidan aimed a fist at Deidra, and something in me just....clicked. I rushed over, and put my arms in front of me. I placed myself between Deidra and Hidan.

Hidan's fist hit me hard enough to get through my arms. His fist collided with the left side of my forehead. He flinched back, and cursed.
"Bitch! Why'd you get in the way!" He snapped at me.
"I....didn't want any more of a mess in the kitchen then there already was," I said. My head throbbed, and Hidan stormed away. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and found Deidra looking at me, with an angered face.
"You're and idiot," he said.
"Sorry....." I said, turning away to start cleaning. He stopped me, and told me to sit down at the table.

I sat down at the table, and he went to the fridge. He pulled out some ice, then put it in a cloth. He tied it into an ice pack with a rubber band, and placed it where Hidan had hit me.
"Thank you," I said, taking the home made ice pack from him.
"You've got some guts," he said, leaning on the table, not looking at me.
"Um....thank you?" I said, questioningly. I wasn't sure if that was a compliment, or an insult.
"That wasn't a compliment," Mystery solved, I thought.
"Doing thing like that, around here? If you're not powerful, then you've got yourself death wish," he finished.
"Okay," I replied. He looked at me, confused.
"You're not the least bit fazed?" He asked. I put the ice pack down on the table, then I shook my head slightly, and went down to the floor. I began to clean up the mess from Deidra's 'art'.

"So, you said this was your art. What did you mean by that?" I asked, cleaning.
"Well, art is a bang....." He said, looking down at me.
"Like....fireworks?" I asked, making a dent in the mess. He smiled, excitedly.
"Yes! Exactly! What do you think of my art?" He asked, with excitement.
"Well, from a safe distance, at the appropriate moments, it's probably beautiful," I said, slightly smiling. Suddenly Diedra was there, helping me out.
"What do you mean?" He asked, not looking at me.
"Your art, the art of explosions, is dangerous, but beautiful. If you look at it from a distance it might seem beautiful, but if your too close, all you thing is if you're going to die or not," I said, joking around a bit. He slightly smiled, and we finished cleaning up the mess.

"Thank you for your help," I said, leaving Deidra to himself. I went and put the cleaning supplies back in the closet, ad I made my way back to Tobi's room. When I knocked, no one answered. I opened the door, and entered, to find a man, with half his face scarred. I froze to my spot, and looked at the man.
"Uh oh....." He said. He quickly put a mask over his face. It was Tobi's mask.
"Tobi?" I asked. I walked over to him, and he looked at me, I think.
"Don't tell anyone what, or who, you saw! Please!" He begged.
"Um, okay, sure," I agreed. He sighed, relieved, and I smiled at him.
"What is Jay-chan smiling about?" Tobi asked in his usual tone.
"Just how you look very nice without your mask on," I said, turning away from him.

The door to the room opened, and it was the dark haired women from last night.
"Pein would like to see you," she said.
"Leader-sama wants to see Tobi?" Tobi asked. The woman shook her head.
"She wants to see Miss Carter," she said. I followed her, a seed of nervousness growing in my stomach. She lead me to a door. When she opened it, she ushered me inside, and shut the door behind me. I was in an office like room, filled with paperwork. Pein was at a large desk, filling out paperwork.

"Y-you wanted to see me?" I asked, afraid to speak. He looked up, and stopped what he was doing.
"Yes, I wanted to say good job on cleaning today, that's it," he said. I dipped my head slightly in thanks, and left. When I exited the room, I faced the door and quietly shut it, as so not to disturb Pein. When I turned around, I was face to face with the red haired man, from the night before.

"You'll have to do," he said, grabbing my arm. He began to drag me, and we entered a room. It was a workshop of some kind, with puppets.
"Um.....hello," I said. He didn't respond, he just made me stand straight up, and told me not to move. He began measuring my arms, legs and body.
"I-I'm sorry for asking, but what is this for?" I asked, a little frightened.
"Well, in case you die, I'll need to turn you into a puppet. I might as well get your measurements now," he said. Die!? I thought.
"What do you mean by die?" I asked.
"Well, it's obvious your weak. You wouldn't last a second outside of Akatsuki base, but, still. Even when your here, your life is at the edge," he explained flatly.
"O-oh....." I said, not sure what to think.
"I'm surprised, most people would try and fight us, you....you're submissive," he said.
"Thank you?" I said, confused.
"Submission is a form of weakness, idiot," he said.

He took my measurements, then, he turned and left me stand-in, like an anatomy doll. He dismissed me, and I turned to him.
"Um...what's your name?" I asked.
"I don't see how it concerns you, but......it's Sasori," he said, not looking at me. I smiled slightly, and left his room, to be face to face with the dark haired woman.
"H-hello," I said, shakily. She glared at me.
"Stay away from Pein, and we'll get along just fine," she said, threateningly. I nodded my my head quickly, and she turned and left. This place.....these people......I thought. I went and returned to my 'room', I guess.