Eye of the Beholder

I placed my clothes, neatly on the side of the sink. I stepped into the shower, and felt the warm water cascade down my skin. I wiped my face, behind me ears, under my arms, everywhere. I felt cleaner by the second. I put soap in my hair, and gently massaged it through my brown locks. When I rinsed all of the dirt and soap off my body, I felt amazing.

I stepped out of the shower, and dried off. I placed my clothes on, and pulled my wet hair into a ponytail. I put my glasses back on, and looked at myself. I was a shade lighter, than what I had been. I had really needed a shower....... I stepped out of the bathroom, and stretched.  I began to walk to the door, when it opened. Tobi came in, and handed me a brown lunch bag.
  "Thank you Tobi," I said. I went and sat down on my cot, and he joined me.

I pulled out an apple, and a few colored balls on a stick. I guessed it was food.
  "Jay-chan should eat, Tobi will held Jay-chan," Tobi said. He took the apple, and with one quick movement, the apple was sliced into eight pieces. He took one slice, and held it to my mouth. A small blush crept over my face, and I took a bit of the apple slice. I could tell Tobi was happy. I ate more of the apple slices, without Tobi's help. When it came down to the circles on a stick....I didn't know what to do.
  "Those are Dango, Jay-chan. Tobi enjoys Dango, so Tobi thought Jay-chan would, too!" Tobi said. I bit the first ball off the top, and ate it. It was sweet, and a little sticky. I smiled, and Tobi hugged me.

I finished off the dango, and Tobi looked at my face.
  "What is it Tobi?" I asked. He leaned in close, but just far enough away, as not to kiss me.
  "Jay-chan has something on her face," Tobi said. Wiped around my face, with my thumb, when Tobi stopped me. He put a darkly gloved thumb to my lips, then gently brushed his fingers to tilt my had, upwards. Suddenly, I felt lips on mine. I felt his mask, in the curve of my nose, but I felt soft lips move against mine. I felt his lick my bottom lip, then pull away. He moved his mask, fully, over his face, and looked at me.
  "Jay-chan had dango sauce on her face! Tobi helped! Tobi's a good boy!!" He exclaimed.

I was a bit shocked. I covered my mouth with my hand, and looked off, blankly at nothing. Did he really just....? Tobi is so sweet, I guess....I guess if anyone were to suddenly so that, ID prefer Tobi...or....Deidra......I thought. I didn't seem to notice, Tobi had gathered the trash, and left the room. I sat cross-legged, my eyes slightly wide, and my hand over my mouth. Does Tobi like me? No......Deidra, does...., The thought made me blush. Tobi loves Deidra though....Deidra's his Senpai, I thought, trying to convince myself.

I sat there, for what seemed like hours, when the door opened, and I saw Itachi come in. He saw my face, hurriedly came over. He put a hand to my head, and looked at me.
  "Are you okay? I came to check on you," Itachi explained. I nodded, and he put a finger to my forehead.
  "Tell me, what's wrong," he said. I took my hand from my mouth, and looked down.
  "I think....Tobi likes me," I said softly.
  "He k-kissed me....." I finished. Itachi pet my head, and smiled softly at me.
  "Don't worry about it, okay?" He said. I nodded, and he narrowed his eyes at me.
  "Come on, smile. Everything will be okay," he said, tilting my head up, and smiling at me. I smiled and he nodded.
  "There, that's the Jeannette I know," he said. He got up, and left. Hardly anyone calls me Jeannette....... I thought.

Itachi's veiw............

Itachi strode own the hall, he was looking for Tobi and Deidra. He was planning to talk to both. Now that he had th chance to be a big brother again, he was going to actually be, a big brother. He found Tobi and Deidra glaring at each other in the main room.
  "Deidra, Tobi, I need to speak with you two," he said. The two fearfully looked at him, and followed him down the hall.

They entered Itachi's room, and Itachi motioned for them to sit down on the bed. When the two did that, he stood in front of them, his sharingan flashing a deadly red.
  "What have you being doing to her?" He asked.
  "To who?" Deidra replied.
  "Jay," Itachi said, calmly.
  "We haven't done anything to her," Deidra said.
  "Tobi likes Jay-chan! Tobi loves Jay-chan! Tobi wouldn't do a thing to Jay-chan!" Tobi exclaimed. Itachi sot a red glare at him.
  "I know both of you have done one thing or another. When you two go off, fighting for her affection, do you think about her thoughts? Next time, make sure, she's comfortable with it, or......you'll be uncomfortable, with me," Itachi then kicked the two from his room.

Jay's, now calmed, view.........

I brushed out my hair with my finger, now that it was dry. The door opened, and I thought Tobi was coming in to go to sleep. The curtains pulled back, and I found Deidra. He came and sat down next to me. I smiled lightly, and greeted him.
  "Hey Deidra, what are you doing here?" I asked.
  "I, uh, came to see I you were okay. You weren't at dinner....and I hadn't seen you since this morning," he said, nervously smiling, and scratching the back of his head. I smiled even more, and hugged him.
  "Thanks for worrying, but....I'm fine. Tobi's been bringing me food after dinner sine I don't eat," I explained.

When I pulled away, I elt his hand on my back, and I let myself be pulled closed to him. I rested my head on his shoulder, and he did the same to me.
  "You know, Deidra......" I began.
  "What?" He asked softly.
  "If anyone were with me now, I'm glad it's you," I whispered. He really had been good to me, since I came here. I felt.....nice and happy, being in his arms.