Fever....or Blushing?

Every now and then, since the incident with the closet, Deidra has called it upon himself, to watch me at almost all times. I, on the other hand, didn't seem to figure this out, until Tobi gave away his hiding spot, once, when I was cleaning. This continued for a few days, until one night, I went to sleep, feeling slightly sick.

I curled up, into a ball on my cot, and draped the blanket over me. I set my glasses down, and hugged myself. When Tobi called goodnight, and I didn't answer, he peeked in, and rushed to my side.
"Is Jay-chan alright? Tobi is worried.....Tobi will get help, for Jay-chan," he said quickly, leaving. I kept my eyes closed, they felt hot, and I didn't want to open them. I heard Tobi come in, and the curtain move away.
"Uh oh......." I heard a concerned voiced; it was Diedra.
"What's wrong? Tobi wants to know! Tobi is worried!" Tobi cried. My head throbbed with every noise.

I felt someone put the back of their hand on my forehead. It was cool.
"She's sick......she worked too hard," I heard Konan, this time.
"What?! Tobi will help! How can Tobi help?" Tobi cried.
"Start by being quieter, loud noises will just make everything worse," I heard Sasori.
"What do we do?" I heard Deidra ask. I heard a pair of footsteps, and felt myself be picked up.
"Nothing, leave it to me," I heard a familiar voice. I was carried from Tobi's room, to a different room. I was swaddled in blankets, and kept my eyes closed. I felt someone set me down on something soft, maybe a bed. Then, I opened my eyes. Everything was a blur.

Someone's form was kneeled beside me. He said to open my mouth. I did, and he put a thermometer in my mouth. After a few minutes, he took it out, and I squinted, to find myself on a small couch, in someone's room. The man, handed me my glasses, and I found Itachi. I hid behind my hair, and he told me, to stay put. He disappeared, then reappeared with medicine. He told me to take some, and I did. Once that was over with, he told me to rest. I closed my eyes, and fell into a deep, pained sleep.

Back to Tobi and the others............

Tobi, Deidra, Konan, Hidan, and Sasori peeked into Itachi's room. When they saw Jay asleep on a small couch, swaddled in blankets they were puzzled.
"Why would Itachi do that for her?" Konan whispered.
"It seems irrelevant to the situation. As long as she gets better, isn't that fine?" Sasori said flatly.
"I want to help Jay-chan!" Tobi exclaimed, earning a hand over his mouth from Hidan.
"That bitch has worked so hard, and now she gets bit in the ass by life," he said.
"Is that you way of saying 'get well soon'?" Deidra asked. Deidra, felt worried, to a state, that he needed to go to his room and lie down.

Leaving Tobi, Hidan, Sasori and Konan to watch the spectacle of Itachi being kind. Itachi kept watch over Jay, every now and then, putting his hand to her head or dabbing a wet cloth on her face. Soon, he turned and stared straight at the four watchers, he motioned them in, whispering for quiet.
"Well, are you just going to watch, or...are you going to help?" He whispered. Tobi was on his knees.
"What does Tobi need to do for Jay-chan? Tobi will do anything needed to help Jay-chan!" Tobi cried. Itachi glared at him for being so loud, when an idea popped into his head.
"Tobi, you need to go to your room, and be completely silent, then, Jay-chan will get better," Itachi explained. Tobi jumped up, and ran out of the room.

"Alright, so what really is needed to fix her?" Konan asked.
"Start off by making some hot soup, or hot tea. Then, we need to make sure she gets plenty of rest," Itachi explained.
"And...?" Konan knew there was more to it than that.
"We need to keep an eye on her. I'll take the first watch, and alert one of you three when needed. For now....Konan, please go inform Pein about this," Itachi explained. Konan nodded, and went to Pein's office.

When she entered, Pein didn't look up from his paper work.
"What do you need?" He asked.
"One of the members have fallen ill," she said.
"Who was it? Tobi? Deidra? Kisame? Kakuzu?" He asked. When Konan said no,he looked up.
"Is it that bad that it's effected Hidan, Katsu, or Itachi?" He asked. Konan shook her head.
"Sasori?" He asked. Konan shook her head.
"You don't seem to be ill....then who?" He asked.
"Miss Carter, seems to have over worked herself, and has fallen ill," Konan explained. Pein sighed.
"Deal with it, I'm busy," he said. Konan nodded, and left his office.

Itachi gently dabbed a wet cloth to Jay's face, when she moved in her sleep.
"I....have to.....keep working....." She said. He took her glasses off her face, and she tried getting up. The blankets fell, to reveal her arms shaking, and she supported herself with them. She was slightly shivering, and her eyes were open, just a crack.
"No, rest," Itachi said, gently making her lay back down. He covered her back up, and sighed. Always trying so hard.....He thought. He went to his bed, and laid down. He propped his upper half up with a pillow. He pulled out a book, and began reading. He left his bedside lamp on, and gave Jay a few glances now an then.

Once in a while, she would try to get up, and he'd make her lie back down. He'd now and then, dab at her forehead with a wet cloth, or put his hand to her head. He was enjoying this feeling, it felt like he was back to being an elder brother....