the start of the winter

It was a cold day in Japan, it was winter time yet again for the citizens of Tokyo. This year it was colder than normal, snow was almost always falling, but for Miko this was a walk in the park.

She walked on the icy sidewalks, a bag of chips in her hand. Her hood was up against the cold bitter wind.

She was on her way to her dojo owned by the Nozuka family. She was in the part of the dojo that taught kendo. She was a class 4-dan. It was high for her age to some people, considering she was only 17. But she was committed to her training, she started at 13. She made herself advance so fast by staying so long after classes and even doing a bit of karate on the side if she didn't do a move right. She had worked her way you to a purple stripe belt for her hard work.

She shivered and pulled her hoodie more over her head, even the strong girls had troubles keeping warm.

A group of boys called over to her from across the empty street," Miko! The dojo is closed today! Just go home!"

"I can't my dad is picking me up at the dojo!" She called back.

She rubbed her bare hands together for warmth, then reached into the bag for a few chips.

The only thing she hated about the dojo is that her dad had to pick her up. He was almost always drunk and with some random girl in the back seat with him. And he would leave her alone with his friend, Mavor.

How she hated Mavor. He always smelled of cigarettes and alcohol and who knew how many types of drugs. He wouldn't do anything sexual to her... a lot. But she just didn't like taking off her hood around him She felt as long as she kept a hoodie on she felt a bit safer.

Eventually she was in front of the dojo, the sign saying 'closed due to poor weather'. She sat down on the steps and just ate her chips.

"I sure wish I had some gloves," she said to herself.

That was the other problem with her dad, he worked from home. His business was very successful ,but it meant that most of the cash was spent on the business. He would give her what she needed clothes, food, and education: but he would get drunk every time ,as it seemed, she had to go to the dojo. That was four times a week pulse the weekend. Miko guessed her dad was blacked out because of how often he brought these girls home with him, because he clams that he never would disrespect mom like that. Ha! Ya right.

She knew how to tell how much sleep she would get in a night just from looking at the girls. If there was barley anything on chances are she would be pulling an all-nighter. But some of the girls where actually ok, she guessed.

She looked up into the cloud covered sky as the snow fell down. "Mom, why did you have to leave me so soon? Dad use to be so much more fun, can't he get over the fact that your gone?" she ended up saying out loud.

She grabed another hand full of chips and stuffed them into her face. She didn't like to think about her situation at home, but some how snow always made her think of it. Of how perfect her home had once been, how joyful it made everyone, and how much respect she had. Then her mom got sick, she was going to the drug store to get some medican... she fainted while crossing the rode. Miko had only been ten when that happend but it hurt evryone she knew. Her mom had been known to almost every single family on her block.

"Hey! I said do you want to wait inside?"

Miko turned around to see the janitor for the dojo staring at her.

She stood up and bowed to him apologizing," Yes, I would thank you."

She walked into the warm building, kicking off her boots at the door. "I am very sorry about my slow response."

"It's alright, you are wearing almost four sweaters. And all of the hoods are up."

She laughed a little," Ya but can't really blame me."

The man smiled at her," Just so you know I am going home, There are still some of the teachers here so don't worry about locking up."

"Alright thank you, Mr. Takan."

Waving good-bye to him before he left, she put her hand to her neck, feeling her hair.

"Darn it, dad where are you?" Miko said to herself.

She looked back out the window for her car. Part of her hopped that her dad would come, but the other half hoped that his car would get stuck.

"Hurry Taka-chan! We are running late!"

Miko whipped her head around, to her amazement it was her sempai running to the door with his cousin.

"Mori-sempai!" she squeked as he ran closer to the door.

Mori stopped at the door, he was wearing a tuxito, with a red bow tie. He Nodded at her and started to put on his shoes and jacket.

Miko looked questioningly at him, this was the first time she had ever seen him dressed up before.

"Miko-chan!" Honey-sempi said to her.

She bowed in respect to the young master," Good evening Honey."

"What are you doing here? The dojo is closed?" he said looking up at her.

"Just waiting for my dad to get here. He always picks me up at the dojo."

Honey looked at her for a bit, she hoped that she wasn't showing anything that said she didn't want to go home.

"Miko all the roads your dad comes from are block because of the snow," he said at last," your dad wouldn't be able to get here until tomarow."

"But you two are leaving here so there has to be some roads avaliable."

The short 17 year old laghed," That's becasue we have stuff to do for our club."

Miko looked down at Honney's big smile and raised an eye brow.

"Your club?"

Mori made an agreeing grunt.

"Did you want to come with us Miko-chan?" Honey said as he picked up his bun-bun.," Usia-chan, Mori, and me would really like you to come."

Miko took a seat beside Honey-sempai, so Mori could tie on Honey's shoes.

"I really should wait for my dad... but I don't know... What kind of club is it?"

Miko almost laghed at herself, it was probully something like a karate club or a kendo club. Just anything Takashi would really enjoy.

"A host club," Honey smiled at her while her jaw dropped to the floor.

Takashi Morinozuka...in a...host club? What!