chapter one.

The Naboo fighter descended onto the landing platform of Coruscant. The sun shone off of the chrome hull of the ship. It came to a stop on the landing platform, stopping with barely audible hiss.

A small group of dignitaries was waiting to welcome the arrival of Senator Amidala, one of which was Jar Jar Binks, a galactic representative, and Dormé, Padmé's and Kyra's handmaiden.

The Senator, who had been placed in ridiculous amounts of makeup, descended from the ship. Next to her came a similar-looking woman, undoubtedly the senator's sister. Captain Typho followed them off, a look of relief on his face.

"We made it. I guess I was wrong, there was no danger at all," he shrugged. All of his worryings appeared to be for nothing.

There was a blinding flash of light and the loud noise of an explosion. It had taken them all off guard. The smoke began to clear, revealing what was left -- a dismantled ship and bodies strewn on the ground.

Two figures, their features hidden by helmets, rushed over to kneel beside the Senator. They each removed their helmets, looking to the decoy of Padmé on the ground

"Cordé," Padmé whispered to the handmaiden.

Kyra, lightsaber in hand, pushed herself from the ground. She jogged to where her decoy lay on the ground in a pool of her own blood. She kneeled down, holding two fingers to her neck only to find no pulse. "Damn it," she muttered to herself, switching her lightsaber off before storing it away safely. She knelt beside her sister who refused to leave the body. She placed a hand on her sister's shoulder, and Padmé shrugged it away.

"Padmé, we have to go. This vote is too important for the Jedi," Kyra pleaded to her sister for it was to supply the already overwhelmed Jedi with an army.

"No! No! No!" Padmé screamed as the light left Cordé's eyes. She lowered Cordé onto the ground, tears already blossoming and falling down her cheeks. Padmé stood up and peered around at the devastation, a sinking feeling in her chest..

"We should not have come back," Padmé sighed.

As Kyra surveyed the wreckage, she felt as though she was failing her one main goal as a Jedi - to protect others. She had vowed years ago, and she hadn't done her job.

"M'Lady, you are still in danger," Typho replied to Padme, "As are you, Kyra. There is no doubt they wish you dead too, and despite your Jedi training, it may not be enough."

The two sisters said didn't say a word, for the wreckage from their mere arrival was already devasting. "This vote is very important. You did your duty, Kyra did hers, and Cordé did hers, too. Now come," Typhoon urged the two sisters onward, but neither responded. "M'Lady, please!"

With a small sigh, Kyra began to move forward. Padme followed after her sister shortly after, and they walk away. Artoo let out a small whimper and rolled off after them. They rushed down the hallways, having changed from their former uniforms. Kyra opted for her traditional Jedi robes while Padmé went for a more formal dress.

They reached the massive hall where a debate happened before their eyes. Their old was steered forward as Padmé erupted into a speech. "My noble colleagues, I concur with the Supreme Chancellor. At all costs, we do not want war!" Padmé announced to the senate, who all fell quiet, then there was an outburst of cheering and applause.