( CHAPTER 9 )

Master Windu and the thee other Jedi, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, and Saesee Tin, were preparing to board a Jedi gunship to the Chancellor's office. Anakin entered the hangar.

"Master Windu, I must talk to you," Anakin requested as he arrived to Master Windu.

"What is it, Skywalker? We are in a hurry. We have just received word that Obi-Wan has destroyed General Grievous. We are on our way to make sure the Chancellor returns emergency powers back to the Senate," Master Windu hurried.

"He won't give up his power. I've just learned a terrible truth. I think Chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord," he voiced his beliefs to the older Jedi Master.

"A Sith Lord?" Master Windu blinked in surprise.

"Yes. The one we have been looking for," Anakin nodded.

"How do you know this?" Master Windu asked.

"He knows the ways of the Force. He has been trained to use the dark side," Anakin explained.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Absolutely."

"Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive," Master Windu nodded.

"Master, the Chancellor is very powerful. You will need my help if you are going to arrest him," advised Anakin.

"For your own good, stay out of this affair. I sense a great deal of confusion in you, young Skywalker. There is much fear that clouds your judgment," replied Windu.

"I must go, Master," he insisted.

"No. If what you told me is true, you will have gained my trust, but for now remain here," Windu finished.

"Yes, Master."

"Wait for us in the Council Chamber until we return," Master Windu ordered.

"Yes, Master."

Anakin watched as the Jedi left in their ship.

***

Master Windu arrived with three Jedi to arrest Palpatine.

"Master Windu. I take it General Grievous has been destroyed then. I must say, you're here sooner than expected," Palpatine looked up from his desk.

"In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest, Chancellor,t Windu stated.

Mace Windu and the other Jedi ignited their lightsabers.

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" Palpatine asked slowly.

"The Senate will decide your fate," replied Windu.

"I am the Senate!" Palpatine shouted with a burst of anger.

"Not yet!"

Palpatine stood, a lightsaber appeared out of his cloak sleeve, and he spun toward the Jedi.

"It's treason, then," Palpatine stated.