( CHAPTER 3 )

Months later, Kyra's pregnancy was clearly showing. Her stomach had rounded as the months went on. Only her excitement hadn't left her. She always wanted a child, and there she was, living her dream then and there.

Kyra stood on the balcony, brushing her freshly washed hair. She looked out over the view of Coruscant - the bright lights, speeders that bustled everywhere, even during the night.

Anakin leaned against the frame, watching his wife lovingly. The smile never left him.

"Ani, I want to have our baby back home on Naboo. We could go to the lake country where no one would know . . . where we would be safe. I could go early-and fix up the baby's room. I know the perfect spot, right by the gardens," Kyra was already making plans.

"You are so beautiful," Anakin admired her.

"It's only because I'm so in love . . ." Kyra grinned.

"No, it's because I'm so in love with you," Anakin replied.

"So love has blinded you?" Kyra had turned and placed the brush down. Her hair was already starting to slowly curl.

"Well, that's not exactly what I meant . . ." Anakin shrugged.

"But it's probably true!" Kyra added.

They both laughed.

"I haven't laughed in so long . . ." Anakin sighed. Ever since the beginning of the war all those years ago it seemed as though all they ever did was fight.

Kyra had dismantled so many droids she lost count. Numerous times had she been pulled away at hours of the night to be with hundreds of other Jedi to fight a battle. Each she had manages to escape with barely dew injuries, yet some didn't return at all.

"Neither have I," Kyra agreed.

***

The view was strangely distorted and disorienting. Kyra was on a table in an alien medical chamber. She looked as though she was in pain.

Cries escapes her as she appeared to be struggling. She was giving birth.

"Anakin, help me!" Kyra cried through pain. "Help, Anakin! Anakin, I love you. I love you," Kyra cried.

Kyra's head fell to the side as she pushed out a final breath.

**"

Anakin awoke in a panic. He was covered in sweat. He looked over in the bed and saw Kyra sound asleep next to him. She was okay.

Anakin pulled the blankets back, and got out from under the sheets and sat on the side of the bed. He was breathing heavily. He places his head in his hands, unable to believe what he had seen.

He wished he hadn't seen it. The future of his wife's death as she gave birth to their child.

He sat up, and left the room down a set of stairs. Kyra woke, and realized Anakin was gone.

"Anakin?" She asked sleepily and received no reply.

She got out of bed and went downstairs to look for him.

Anakin walked down a flight of stairs onto the large veranda. The vast city planet of Coruscant, bright lights and speeder lights was spread out before him. He was distraught.

Kyra descended the stairs and joined Anakin on the veranda. She took his hand. He didn't look at her.

"Ani? What's going on?" She asked.

"Nothing . . ." Anakin answered, turning to look at her.

Anakin touches the japor snippet around Kyra's neck. The same one that Anakin had given her when he was a small boy back on Tatooine.

"I remember when I gave this to you," he attempts to switch the subject.

"Anakin, how long is it going to take for us to be honest with each other?" Kyra sighed.

"It was a dream," Anakin breathed.

"Bad?" She asked.

"Like the ones I used to have about my mother just before she died," Anakin didn't want to think about.

"And?" She continued pressing.

"It was about you," Anakin didn't wish to continue.

They looked at each other. A moment of concern passed between them.

"Tell me," Kyra wanted to know what exactly happened to her.

"It was only a dream," Anakin stated.

Kyra gave him a long, worried look. Anakin took a deep breath.

"You die in childbirth . . ." Anakin finished.

"And the baby?" She brought a hand to her stomach.

"I don't know," Anakin confessed.

"It was only a dream," Kyra sighed.

Anakin took Kyra in his arms.

"I won't let this one become real, Kyra," Anakin assured her.

They embraced, then parted.

"Anakin, this baby will change our lives. If the council discovers news of the baby, I will be kicked out of the Jedi Order, and if they discover you are the father, the same will happen to you," Kyra began thinking off the worst.

"I know. . . ." Anakin nodded.

"Anakin, do you think Obi-Wan might be able to help us?" Kyra asked.

"Have you told him anything?" Anakin asked suspiciously.

"No, but he's your mentor, your best friend . . . he must suspect something," Kyra explained.

"He's been a father to me, but he's still on the Council. Don't tell him anything!" Anakin advised.

"I won't, Anakin," she promised.

"I don't need his help . . . Our baby is a blessing, not a problem," Anakin and Kyra embraced once more.