( CHAPTER 1 )

Years had passed since the wedding of Anakin and Kyra Skywalker. An apartment in Coruscant had been purchased for the pair, where they lived contently. All had been going well until Kyra had fallen sick.

Kyra slept soundly in bed while a worried Anakin stood. His hair had grown to where it curled, and he had lost his padawan braid. He crossed his arms over his chest, a glove uncovering his mechanic hand.

He had contacted Padmé, Kyra's sister and a longtime friend of his. At the news of her sister falling ill, she opted to leave Naboo with her representative, Jar Jar Bink's in her place, and return to Coruscant.

If Kyra knew he had done that, she would kill him. Anakin knew that she hated being babied quite well, but he wanted his wife in the hands of someone he trusted.

A knock on the apartment door startled Anakin from his thoughts. He hoped it didn't wake Kyra, but he saw that she was still asleep.

He answered the door, and saw Padmé at the doorway. She had dressed simple for she didn't want that much attention. She entered the apartment, and looked at Anakin.

"How is she?" Padmé asked at once.

"She's been doing fine, but I want to you to stay with her. If anything happens to her while I'm gone, will you take her to the medical droid?" Anakin explained.

"Of course I will," Padmé nodded.

Anakin looked one last time at Kyra before he left. He had an important mission that day for Chancellor Palpatine had been kidnapped.

Padmé sat on the couch, constantly looking back at Kyra. Other then that she admired the place. It was neat and tidy, which was slightly unusual for someone like Kyra.

Back on Naboo, Kyra always has a messy side of her room. Only rarely did she clean it, but when she did, it looked absolutely spotless. It only lasted a few days as the mess would appear later.

Padmé had changed over the course of three years. She always resumed her spot as Senator, and has helped in making big decisions for the galaxy. She had even met someone who had interested her by the name of Corrin Taysun.

Padmé knew Kyra changed as well. Kyra became a very well respected Jedi, and was even in consideration for training a Padawan of her own. She had cut her hair short two years prior, but it had grown back to her shoulders. Padmé was surprised that Kyra hadn't been gifted with the title of Master.

She saw Kyra's newest lightsaber. The hilt was grey and black with a button to activate it. The colour was greener than the grass back on Naboo. Kyra had crafted it herself after she never seen her blue one the battle of Geonosis where it had been taken by the now dead Jango Fett.

When the sunlight fully entered the apartment, Padmé heard Kyra stir. She turned the see the groggy Knight wander into the living room.

"Padmé?" Kyra asked when she saw her curly haired sister in her apartment. "Where'd Anakin go?"

"He had to leave, and he asked me to watch over you," Padmé explained.

"When will he understand that I am perfectly fine?" Kyra groaned, running her hands through her tangled mass of brown hair.

"He has your health as one of his priorities, Kura. He wants to make sure that you are okay," Padmé explained to her sister.

"I know," Kyra nodded.

She was going to speak again when she felt the familiar feeling in her stomach. Padmé watch her sister run from her spot and into the bathroom. She hated listening to the horrible retching sound as her sister lost everything she had eaten into the toilet.

Her sister soon returned, and sat on the couch in her pyjamas. Padmé pushed herself up and went to grab her sister some clothes to change into. She grabbed her Jedi robes, and brought them to Kyra.

"Get changed," Padmé ordered.

Kyra sighed, and changes into her Jedi robes. She pulled her hair back, not bothered to fix it any. When Padmé came back in, Kyra was dressed, but looked as though she was being forced to do the opposite of what she wanted.

Padmé lead her sister out of her apartment. The hospital was a walking distance away, which Padmé found a major convenience. The tall red and white building blended in with the bright buildings of Coruscant.

Once inside, Padmé dealt with the droids and other alien folk while Kyra sat on one of the chairs. Once she had finished, she sat down next to her sister who was trying to cover herself with her robes like a blanket.

Padmé merely shook her head, and waited for her sister to be called back.

After many aliens each with different problems, Kyra was called back. A small droid carrying a clipboard lead the two sisters back into a room where she had to sit on a table that was colder than the surface of Hoth.

The droid questioned Kyra. She answered all of them truthfully, anxiously waiting for the end. After the questions, the droid scanned her body with its eyes.

Once the droid finished, it had its diagnosis.

"Congratulations, Miss Amidala, you are exactly one month and five days pregnant."