( CHAPTER 11 )

Anakin, Padmé, Kyra, Cliegg, Owen, Beru, and Threepio all stood around Shmi's grave. Kyra had her head slightly bowed. It was a shame that such a kindhearted woman had died. She especially felt bad for Anakin.

Kyra had said her piece, remembering what little of the woman she had met. How she had allowed them all, a group of people she did know, stay in her home that was barely big enough for her and Anakin. If that did say anything about her, Kyra didn't know what did.

"I know wherever you are it's become a better place. You were the most loving partner a man could ever have. Goodbye, my dearest wife. And thank you," Cliegg had moved in front of the grave, head bowed. He looked rather close to crying.

Anakin stepped forward as Cliegg stepped back. He fell on to his knees on his mothers grave. "I wasn't strong enough to save you, Mom. But I promise I won't fail again. . . I miss you so much."

It was a moment of silence. Then beeps and whistles were heard. They turned as Artoo rolled up to where Kyra, Anakin, and Padmé were standing.

"Artoo, what are you doing here?" Padmé asked the astromech droid.

Artoo beeped and whistled.

"Itt seems he carrying a message from someone called Obi-Wan Kenobi. Does that mean anything to you, Master Anakin?" Threepio stated.

The four had moved into the garage. A rough hologram of Obi-Wan was projected onto the garage by Artoo. Anakin, Padmé, Kyra and Threepio watched the flickering image.

Kyra could hardly make anything out of the recording. Though, she was sure she heard something about forwarding it to Coruscant.

"Alliance have pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming an. . . Wait!. . . ah. . . attack. . . I don't. . . make it. . . aaaggghhh!" The recording finishes.

The hologram cuts off. An agitated Anakin jumped up.

"I'm going after him!"

"I thought the first thing he said was to retransmit his message to Coruscant," Padmé commented.

"Yeah, you're right, you're right," Anakin agreed, and he forwarded to message to Coruscant.

Anakin, Padmé, Kyra, Artoo and Threepio lefy the homestead, waving to Cliegg, Owen and Beru as they went into the desert.

***

Anakin sat down in the cockpit with Kyra. Threepio was behind them. Artoo is beside him with Padmé behind Kyra. They were watching a hologram of Mace Windu.

"We will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing for you, Anakin, is to stay where you are. Protect the Senator and Jedi Kyra at all costs. That is your priority," Mace Windu ordered Anakin.

"Understood, Master," Anakin nodded.

The hologram switched off. Padme and Kyra were looking at the readout on the ship's control panel.

"They'll never get there in time to save him. They have to come half way across the galaxy. Look, Geonosis is less than a parsec away," Kyra pointed out.