( CHAPTER 4 )

A speeder pulled up to the landing platform. Captain Typho escorted Padmé and Kyra onto the veranda, where two handmaidens, Elle and Motee, were waiting. Kyra turned to Typho.

     "Thank you, Captain," she thanked.

     "Rest well. Miss Amidala," Typho advised. "You too, My Lady," he looked at Padmé.

     Captain Typho got back into the Speeder, and it disappeared into the cityscape. The handmaidens, Motee and Elle, approached Padmé and Kyra as the shadow of a figure moved in the background. C-3PO was standing nearby.

     "I'll be up in a while," Padmé nodded.

     "Yes, my lady," Motee nodded and exited.

     Threepio stood, confused, as the handmaidens turned and exit.

     "Is there anything I might do for you, my lady?" Threepio asked either of the sisters.

     "Yes, make sure all the security droids are working. Thank you, Threepio," Padmé asked.

     The golden droid turned and exited.

     "So," Padmé began as the two sisters turned to watch the sunset. "How is the child doing?"

     "Very restless," Kyra laughed as she brought a hand to her stomach.

     The two sisters laughed as they carried on a conversation. It was nice for them to be able to finally be together and just talk.

     A shadowy figure moved towards Kyra. She sensed something.

     "Beautiful, isn't it?" Anakin appeared beside her.

     Kyra jumped and turned around, startles.

     "You startled me," she playfully slapped his arm.

     Padmé laughed, and Kyra did the same to her. The three moved back and sat down. Anakin sat next to her on the bench.

     "How are you feeling?" Anakin asked.

     "He keeps kicking," Kyra felt the soft kicking of her child.

     "He? Why do you think it's a boy?" Anakin asked.

     "I heard that's motherly intuition," Padmé added.

     Anakin placed his hand on her stomach.

     Whoa! With a kick that hard, definitely a girl," Anakin noted.

     All three of them laughed.

     "I heard about your appointment, Anakin," Padmé referred to Anakin being placed on the council.

     "I may be on the Council, but . . . they refused to accept me as a Jedi Master," Anakin sighed

     "Patience. In time, they will recognize your skills," Kyra placed her hand on his.

     "They still treat me as if I were a Padawan learner. . . they fear my power, that's the problem," Anakin states.

     "Anakin . . ." Kyra sighed.

     "Sometimes, I wonder what's happening to the Jedi Order . . . I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic," Anakin said his thoughts.

     "Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?" Padmé asked.

     "What do you mean?" Anakin asked while Kyra just looked confused.

     "What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?" Padmé shrugged.

    "I don't believe that. And you're sounding like a Separatist!" Anakin replies.

     "Anakin, this war represents a failure to listen . . . Now, you're closer to the Chancellor than anyone. Please, please ask him to stop the fighting and let diplomacy resume," Kyra broke in.

     "Don't ask me to do that, Kyra. Have Padmé make a motion in the Senate, where that kind of a request belongs. I'm not your errand boy. I'm not anyone's errand boy!" Anakin was growing angry.

     Padmé quickly excused herself, not wanting to get caught up in their husband-wife drama.

     "What is it?" Kyra sensed that something was wrong.

     "Nothing," Anakin stated simply.

     "Don't do this . . . don't shut me out. Let me help you," Kyra pleaded.

     "You can't help me . . . I'm trying to help you," Anakin calmed down.

     "If this about that silly dream, Ani, I will be fine. When the time comes, I will have the child, and we can live happily together. It was just a nightmare," Kyra stated.

     They looked in each other's eyes.

     "I sense . . . there are things you are not telling me," Anakin sensed.

     Kyra was startled at this.

     "I sense there are things you are not telling me," Kyra replied with a smile

     Anakin was a little embarrassed.

     "Hold me. . . like you did by the lake on Naboo, so long ago. . . when there was nothing but our love. . . No politics, no plotting. . . no war," Kyra sighed, and that's exactly what Anakin did.