( CHAPTER 5 )

"If I grew up here, I don't think I'd ever leave," Anakin commented as they stepped off the ship. Artoo followed behind them, happily beeping as he saw Naboo once more.

"I doubt that," Kyra laughed.

"No, really. When I started my training, I was very homesick and very lonely. This city and my Mom were the only pleasant things I had to think about. . . The problem was, the more I thought about my Mom, the worse I felt. But I would feel better if I thought about the palace - the way it shimmers in the sunlight - the way the air always smells of flowers. . ." Anakin continued looking at the planets beauty.

". . . and the soft sound of the distant waterfalls. The first time I saw the Capital, I was with Padme and we were very young. . . We'd never seen a waterfall before. I though they were so beautiful. . .I never dreamed one day I'd live in the palace, even though my sister did force me to when I was allowed to see her.

"Well, tell me, did you dream of power and politics when you were a little girl?" Anakin asked.

"No! That was the last thing I thought of. Polotixa were always Padme things. Besides, I was taken to the Jedi Temple to train soon after I was at the Capital. My dream was to have adventures, while Padmé dreamed to help in the "Refugee Relief Movement." I never thought of running for elected office. Though, the more history I studied of the Jedi, the more I realised how much good Jedi could do. So when I was eight, I was assigned the padawan of Master Yoda, and it took off from there," she remembered.

"Apparently, I learned fast, but Yoda had much to teach me. He would have different teaching methods that you do not normally see. I never complained, because he is full of knowledge that he wished to pass down to me. Then we met on Tatooine, as you remember, I'm sure. He allowed me to go because Padmé had requested it, and he allowed me to go. Years passed, and Yoda allowed me to begin the trials. They took two years, but when I had finished, I knew I had made hum proud, and I became a Jedi Knight," Kyra finished.

"The people you saved are probably grateful," Anakin shrugged.

"I didn't want any thanks. A Jedi's duty is to help people and protect their own. That's what I did. I saved mothers, fathers, civilians, kids, any aliens that needed it. It made me feel good, like I was finally doing right. You can do that, too,Ani. Please try to be patient with Master Kenobi. You may think that you are ready, but he wants the best for yuou, truly. He wants to the all what hi master had taught him, and have you pass the trials when he believes you are ready," Kyra looked up at Anakin. "I could have become a Grey Jedi."

"Grey Jedi?" Anakin tilted his head.

"There are Jedi, who uses the force for light - you, me, Obi-Wan, Master Windu, all of them. There are the Sith, who serve the dark side. I believe them to be in between. Yet, they go against the council, much like Qui-Gon before his passing," Kura explained.

"I want to do right, too. I want to save the slaves. The Jedi needs you. . . I'm glad you chose to serve as a Jedi. I feel things are going to happen in our generation that will change the galaxy in profound ways," Anakin expressed.

"I think so too," Kyra looked down.

Anakin, Kyra and Padmé walked toward the palace. Artoo continued to follow silently behind the trio.

***

Queen Jamilla was seated on the throne, flanked by Sio Bibble and a couple of advisors. Four handmaidens stood close by, and guards were at the doors.