( CHAPTER 2 )

Anakin had returned from his mission safe and sound. Just hours before hia return, Kyra had heard rumours of her husbands passing. It made her worried to the point of throwing up even more then usual.

Padme had forced Kyra do actually style her hair. It had been twisted into twin buns on either side of her head. It took two hours, but it didnt look half bad.

Kyra anxiously waited to see familiar faxes among the crowds of Senators, Civilians, and Dignitaries. Padme stayed by her sisters side, helping her find Anakin.

When she saw Bail Organa, she saw a familiar figure. Anakin stood beside him, talking with him. She let out a sigh of relief whwn she saw that he hadnt been injured in the mission.

Kyra moved in the shadows of the massive pillars in order to not be seen. Anakin, on the other side, had manages to sense her presence, and briefly looked up to look at the spot where she had hidden herself.

"Excuse me," Anakin excused himself from the conversation.

"Certainly," Bail Organa nodded.

Bail went off after Palpatine and the others.

Kyra looked back tho see her sister having walked off. Padmé smiled at her sister, and acted as though she wasn't noticing the happy couple about to reunite behind the pillar.

Anakin went behind one of the giant columns to meet up the with the sensed. Kyra greeted him, and the two embraced and shared a kiss.

"Oh, Anakin! Thank goodness, you're back," Kyra said when she saw that he had lost no other limbs and looked fine.

"I missed you, Kyra. I may have been just a day, but I missed you so much," Anakin looked down at his wife.

"There were whispers . . . that you'd been killed. I've been living with unbearable dread," Kyra expressed.

"I'm back, I'm all right. It feels like we've been apart for a lifetime," sighed Anakin.

Anakin started to give her another kiss. She stepped back.

"Wait, not here . . . People can't know," Kyra began, concerned for the Senators and even pedestrians seeing.

He grabbed her again.

"Yes, here! I'm tired of all this deception. I don't care if they know we're married," Anakin was tires of all of their hiding.

"Anakin, don't say things like that. You're important to the Republic. . . to ending this war. I love you more than anything, but I won't let you give up your life as a Jedi for me . . ." Kyra grabbed his hand in hers.

"I've given my life to the Jedi order, and so have you, but I'd only give up my life, for you," Anakin intertwined their fingers.

"I wouldn't like that. I wouldn't like that one bit. Patience, my handsome Jedi . . . Come to me later," Kyra said playfully.

Anakin embraces her, then looked at her. He had felt Kyra slightly shaking.

"Are you all right? You're trembling. What's going on?" Anakin questioned.

"I'm just excited to see you," Kyra avoided the topic she didn't want to say right now.

"That's not it. I sense more . . . what is it?" Anakin had sensed.

"Nothing . . . nothing . . . Let's just focus on this moment," Kyra tried to avoid.

"You're frightened," Anakin sensed. "You can tell me anything, Kyra, you know that. What is it?"

Kyra looked down to the floor as she took in a shaky breath. She returned her eyes to Anakin.

"Something wonderful has happened," Kyra began, "Ani, I'm pregnant."

At first, Anakin was shocked. A child of his was currently growing inside of her. Slowly, a smile spread across his face, and Kyra visibly relaxed.

"That's great!" Anakin hugged Kyra.

"But what about when people find out? When the pregnancy starts to show, people will get suspicious, and in the temple, Jedi could surely tell. . ." Kyra rambled.

"Don't focus on that now," he stroked her cheek with his good hand. "This is a happy moment. The happiest moment of my life," he smiled.

The couple shared another kiss, not caring if they were spotted.