( CHAPTER 14 )

She never believed the day would come. All of her life, she had been told she was never allowed to fall in love, get married. She knew she was going against the code, but it all seemed to not matter anymore. All that mattered now was that she was finally going to be with who she had grown to love.

Hair styled elegantly with a lace veil over her head and a white dress that trailed to the floor, Kyra felt beautiful. She looked at herself in the mirror of her new favourite day - her wedding day.

Padmé stood beside her, wearing a knee-length blue dress she had picked out herself. Nothing extravagant. Her hair had been braided back, draping over her shoulder. She was so happy for her sister.

"Come on," Padmé smiled, and lead her sister out of the bedroom.

Anakin was nervous that day. He wore his Jedi robes. His heart beat fast as he waited for Kyra. Threepio and Artoo were the only ones there, except for a holy man who had been sworn to keep the wedding a secret.

At the sound of footsteps, Anakin looked up. Kyra was lead by Padmé, who was smiling wide.

Anakin didn't want to stop looking at Kyra. Even though she had flaws, Anakin thought of her as perfect. He watched her walk towards him, and then stop in front of him.

Padmé joined the two droids, resting a hand on Artoo, who beeped and whistled. Kyra and Anakin joined hands as the ceremony at the lake retreat where they shared their first kiss began.

Neither looked away from each other. As vows were said, they didn't stop. Padmé saw how Kyra was excited, and was full of love. How much she loved him, and how much he loved her.

"Do you, Kyra Naberrie-Amidala take Anakin Skywalker to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The holy man asked her.

"I do," she said with a smile.

"Do you, Anakin Skywalker, take Kyra Naberrie-Amidala, to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asked the same question to Anakin, whom already knew his answer.

"I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride," the holy man finished.

Anakin and Kyra kissed.

Each small kiss was short yet it was the best thing Kyra had experienced. Each was a memory she would cherish. This whole wedding was an amazing story she would tell her kids if she had any.

They pulled away from each other. Anakin felt like the happiest man in the galaxy at that moment. Kyra felt as though she was the luckies woman in all of the galaxy.

"Congratulations," Padmé huge her sister once more, "Kyra Skywalker."

The sound her name made her smile.

Later that day, they stood at the same spot. Kyra rested her ad on her husband's shoulder, and he held her by her waist. Padmé stood with the droids a small ways off.

They watched the beautiful Naboo sunset, for they knew what awaited them.

War.

They wanted their happiness to live as long as it could before they were thrust back into battle. Before Padmé resumed her Senate duties and Kyra her Jedi duties. Before Anakin resumed his Padawan training.

But for now, all was well.