Ropes and Fangs II

A man climbed down into the basement where Victoria and Elizabeth were held. He had a pocket knife in his left hand, so Victoria presumed that he was a left-hander. While being abducted, the Countess was gathering information which she could use for the escape plan. Of course, this couldn't satisfy her at all, for she was a vengeful person and no one were to mess with her and then to walk free.

Her past influenced her character to develop quite differently than it primary should have had. The childhood she spent till the incident, well to be exact until her sixth birthday, now seemed like a distant dream. The only thing she got left was the surname and a promise. A promise given to herself to avenge her parent's death and to put an and to all the humiliation.

"It ended too soon," she thought, "Only a week. Neither happiness nor peace is meant for me.

Then the man walked to the Countess; bent over to her so he could smile right at her face. The powerlessness of an aristocrat made him leer. Next, he realized that the girl was pretty. The sight where she was tied up, while her blue eyes were craving for freedom and savage, reminded him of a tiger locked up in its cage he once as a child had seen in a circus. He leered again, for a perverted idea crossed his mind: he wanted to tame her. But it was her lucky day since his master ordered that the Countess must stay untouched.

Although, he had to follow the order he couldn't resist to tease her. He liberated her mouth, and she spat out the disgusting thing out of it.

"Speak," demanded he, "I want to hear you voice."

The girl stayed silent.

"I said speak!" now irritated, he grabbed her chin forcefully.

"How dare you!" were her only words.

The man grinned, "I wasn't wrong after all your voice suits you well. Too bad I won't hear it scream my name in pleasure."

The last sentence almost brought Victoria to vomit. She hated this advantage that men had over women. It was driving her nuts and hurting her pride.

"Maybe I will, after you fetch me the one who's responsible for all this." the statement both shocked the kidnapper and Elizabeth, who was not far away from them.

The man's eyes sparkled with anticipation, and then he left the room.

Silence one again dominated, but now Victoria was able to break it. She turned to her companion who was bewildered by the last scene.

Elizabeth was deeply hurt, for she believed that Miss Wolfe, although slightly different, was a fair lady with no knowledge of seducing and pleasing men. Now she had to admit to herself that she was wrong.

"This is a very unusual way to meet someone, but there is nothing we can do about it. I'm Victoria Wolfe, and you are?" started Victoria without giving away her title.

"I'm Elizabeth Midford."

"Are you by any chance related to Earl Midford?" she asked quite intrigued.

"Yes, I'm his daughter," then continued, "Miss Wolfe, back then I wanted to befriend with you, but unfortunately this happened... What do you think, what will happen to us? Will we go through some ordeal humiliation?"

The Countess tried to calm her down with a quote, "Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."*

"Is that suppose to be a consolation, for I don't fell better at all," said Elizabeth bursting into tears. The girl was scared to bones. She wasn't used to this: facing possible death or worse. She was gentle and unaware of the roughness that this world possessed.

"Ignorance is bliss," thought Victoria.

But now, while she kept her eyes on this tearful girl, she couldn't feel anything but sorry for the poor thing. "I won't let them hurt you Elizabeth, I promise," she reassured her kind and tender friend.

"Do you honestly think you can keep that promise, deary?" a blood-curdling voice echoed through the room causing both girls to dread.

It was him, there was no doubt. The mastermind behind all this. The true kidnapper and probably a lot more than just that.

* Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est. Latin. They can kill you, but they cannot eat you, it is against the law.

Hello dear readers!😄

So, how do you like my story so far? Is it exciting, boring or something else? Please let me know, I love feedback! 😆

Of course if you liked it, don't forget to hit the VOTE button, that would mean the world to me! ☆☆☆

The next chapter is: Ropes and Fangs III: Extraction

(looking forward?) 😎😉😄