Ropes and Fangs: Extraction II

> 1k of reads

And

> 250 votes

Thank you my dear readers! I hope you will enjoy this chapter! :*

"Miss Victoria," Elizabeth wept, "I don't want to die!" her earnest confession melted Victoria's heart.

It had been half an hour since the kidnapper left and his associate was now in charge. While Elizabeth grieved, Victoria had her nervous breakdown. She was disgusted by this whole situation and the thing she would do next.

"Desperate times call gor desperate measures."

Instantaneously, she called for the man who was smoking a cigar ten feet away.

"Hey you, come here." only God knew how repulsive this was to her.

The man brushed the cigar ash onto the floor and got to Victoria still holding the smoking thing in his left hand.

"Say, what does li'l Miss need now? I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not your servant."

"Calm down. Why such hostility?" she smoothed him using her sulky voice, and giving him an inviting smile, "I was only wondering why so handsome and clever guy works for this ill man when he can achieve much, much more?"

He took the bite; she attracted him, a lot, but he still wanted to be sure, "Please be straight-forward with me Missy, what are you suggesting?

"I'm saying you should be mine, I like you."

And that was it. Mission accomplished; she made the man obedient. Few sweet words, some blinking, alluring gaze, and the power of voice did the job. She had the beauty, and charm when needed, but the most desirable part of her entire being was her brain, and there was nothing more sexy than a smart woman.

"You like me?" his excited question, followed by throwing the cigar on the floor and grasping her head with his hands, took Victoria by surprise.

"Have you been listening to me at all?" she giggled, "What's your name?"

"Jake." Now he gained courage and put his forehead against hers. She responded with a bashful smile, "So Jake, would you be so kind and release me? This way we can't have much fun." Not even the song of a siren was so arousing as her enchanted words.

Jake did as he was told to; he used his pocket knife and with two clean cuts, he cut the ropes both on her hands and knees, so she was now free. He safely returned his knife where it belonged, into his jacket's inside pocket and seizing Victoria's hand, he pulled her from the ground.

Without thinking Victoria kicked the man below the belt and he fell backwards hitting his head on the wall. For few moments he was confused, and she took advantage of it to knock him out completely; she stuck him on the head with the first object that came in her way - a brick. Now he didn't present any danger, so she rummaged through his jacket until she found the knife to help Elizabeth.

"Okay Elizabeth, we're going to run now from here. Ready?"

"Yeah."

They went upstairs and made the door ajar so they could scout for guards. There were four of them, all walking up and down the hall filled with boats, driftnets, and fishing rods. Victoria recognized them from the first encounter. The smell of fish got even worse in here. Looking at the door on the very end of the hall, she whispered to Elizabeth, "This is our way out. We have to pass through here if we want to escape."