Ropes and Fangs: Extraction I

A sinister laugh soon afterward was heard, the eeriest and the most superior voice that Victoria had ever witnessed. For the first time after her parent's demise, she was aghast. But Victoria was no fool she knew she was in great danger; this man was a criminal and a possible psychopath. Having Elizabeth here was complicating things, and it made her feel vulnerable. She didn't want anything bad to happen to this blond beauty since Miss Midford was an innocent human being, and she also knew that she was someone's daughter, sister, and perhaps lover.

 "My, my. Victoria, you're so grown−up, a true lady."

The kidnapper stood far away from her, next to the stairs which lead to the first floor. The light from above illuminated stairs and one part of the basement. Victoria then remembered how desperately she wanted to see daylight. Her eyes crossed from the stairs to the kidnapper, but he was smart, he stayed in the dark. Also, she could still see his shape. He was tall, and he wore a cloak with the hood on; but nothing else came to catch her eye, unfortunately.

His mocking made her realize that he knew her from before, which somehow was unimaginable to her. Since moving back to the mansion, she hadn't met anyone from her past. Mostly because there were dead, not interested in her or foes. Then it hit her, he must have been engaged with some happenings at that time.

Victoria decided to find out, "That means we know each other. If so, you could have just called me over tea. I wouldn't say no."

"So sweet and understandable." He placed his right hand on chest and bowed in apology. "I'm sorry for my over-dramatic behavior, but I must insist on this so you could realize the importance of my words."

"I won't kill you or do anything unforgivable to you, if you shove me an act of good will," Victoria's kidnapper teased her.

She didn't like where this was going. "What about her?" the Countess moved her head towards Elizabeth, "Will you spare her?" Now, they were negotiating. "And how for the Heaven's sakes do you know me in the first place?"

He ignored her last question, "As far as I know, she's just a collateral damage..."

Hearing that, Elizabeth squeaked and began to whine. Her future was still undecided.

Victoria decided to be harsh, "If she walks free, I'll give you what you want. So what do you want? And don't even try to cheat me!"

"Ha. Ha. Ha. You're like a talking goldfish, my sweet Victoria," he admitted in a bashful voice, like a boy who confessed his love to his beloved one, "The thing I want the most is for you not to engage in Pharma Medica's business. Just leave it be."

"Okay, and maybe one more thing," being humble wasn't in his nature, "A signature, please."

"Never!"

Her eyes went dark, and a wave of rage rushed through her body. Victoria gritted her teeth as she tried to get up and assault this repulsive man. If there hadn't been for the ropes that bound her to the ground, she would have succeeded in her attention. Her insane gaze made the abductor step backward. Even he was terrified for a moment.

Pharma Medica had been Wolfe's family business passed down from generations. It was founded by the first doctor in their family Henry Wolfe, who was Victoria's great, great grandfather. Nowadays, the business was about producing drugs, antibiotics, and surgical material; import/export of medical inventory; supplying and helping major hospitals in England and further; then running a scholarship program of Henry Wolfe Foundation. While the earldom was without its heir, this company was administrated by the Queen; but now as the heir had finally returned everything went back to normal.

"You cannot harm me, dearie. But take into consideration your friend here; your decision will decide her fate."

Then the man came out from the shadows of the basement to Elizabeth. He didn't reveal much of his appearance, only that what Victoria had concluded before. He gave the girl a gentle pat on the head as his eyes examined her long, blond curls. The poor girl could nothing do, but pray.

"I would be such a shame if something happens to her... You have one hour, then I'm coming again. My advice-- be smart."

The decision had to be made, the company or Elizabeth. The only thing she knew, was to not surrender without fight; and she wanted it badly. The fight where she would be able to prove that she was the girl who they couldn't scare off.

"I shall find a way to save both, I just know it. And then, they will pay."

Both of the girls fell silent, as neither of one was eager to bring the subject up. The questions piled up. Who was he? Had he been involved in the company's affair eleven years ago? What were his plans? What was her plan? Did he know her parents? Why was this happening to her? So many questions and not one single answer.

Hello! :)

Did you like this chapter about Victoria's wicked kidnapper and her resolution?

Please tell me what you think, I love comments and feedback! :D :D

If you like it don't forget to vote! :3

Love ya all! :-*