Incidence Hapenn

Miss Elizabeth Midford was having breakfast in the dining room with Sebastian by her side, who was there so everything could be perfectly arranged. She looked refreshed and jolly, while her long, golden locks were left unbound to tumble. She wore a new dress, a taffy-colored ornate one, selected from the assortment found in her guest room. For today's breakfast, the butler prepared: Eggs Benedict with garlic olive oil, maple bacon, avocado, heirloom tomato, arugula, and spicy Hollandaise sauce. To addition to that, a freshly squeezed orange juice so a day could begin with a good dose of vitamin C.

"Should I fill more juice, Lady Elizabeth?" he asked while holding the jug.

"Yes Sebastian, please!

"Here you go. I shall now retreat myself to the kitchen. I must prepare some tea for Milady."

"Is Victoria still sleeping?" her uneasiness was beyond any doubt.

Sebastian sighed. "I suppose so."

"I'm curious," Elizabeth lowered her voice, " Back then, what happened to Victoria so that you had to carry her out of the building? I mean, it was an upsetting experience, but before she was all tough and fierce and she gave me the support I needed."

A solemn confession parted butler's lips, "Unfortunately, one of obductors pointed a gun at her."

"WHAT?" This information was too much for her to take and she dropped down the fork she brought to her mouth with a piece of bacon on it, which made a loud clunk when it hit the plate. Her eyes went wide open, and her hands made a way to cover her mouth in the manner of horror. Sebastian could easily catch the moment when her emerald eyes showed surprise, then rampage towards the gang, and finally when they teared up for compassion.

"And they?"

"They have been taken care off. But I beg you not to reveal this incident to anyone. Please think of Pharma Medica's reputation and the good that the company is doing to this country and further."

"Sebastian, you act like you don't know me at all. Does my frienship means nothing to you?," Elizabeth pitied his poor memory, "Of course my lips are sealed! Besides, I wouldn't do anything to harm Victoria."

Satisfied, Sebastian left the room.

A moment later the door of the mansion opened, and a large woman stormed in. She was breathing heavily and she tried to regain her health. Completely disoriented, the woman gazed at so many doors and a large staircase that was curved up towards the first floor where the bedrooms were. From where should she start off? She had never been inside this mansion, which was quiet enormous. To go upstairs and to check the bedrooms first? There must have been over twelve of them, she thought; or should she check the salon; the ballroom? The dining room? A cold sweat broke out on her forehead, and she mopped it away with her forearm. All of a sudden, the walls and the hallway furniture started spinning as if she was in Wonderland. Her vision went fuzzy, and her head was swimming. She was having a vertigo attack.

"Oh, dear!" were her last words before fainting in the most theatrical way-- rolling her eyes back in her head and making a full circle before collapsing.

Thud!

"Hmm." Sebastian stopped while carrying the tray with tea in the dining room. An unexpected guest had just arrived. The butler left the tray stay in the kitchen and hastened to the hallway with a stiff expression. Halfway to his destination, Elizabeth's eyes worriedly questioned him. She had a bad hunch. She thought that something must have happened to Victoria. But she was wrong.

"Mother!" the girl shrieked when she encountered her unconscious mother on the floor. Quickly, she moved past the butler; and fall down onto her knees, suppressing tears. Sebastian didn't wait also; in a second he was there checking the unconscious woman's pulse.