Chapter 21

NOTE: FEEL FREE TO SKIP

I apologise for the prolonged absence, life has been quite hectic. I'm writing this after a rather long break from FNT. I'm a bit (a lot) rusty, and had to reread the last few chapters, so forgive the lack of quality.

I started off writing this as a light hearted story that I could update whenever I was free in college, but now that I'm finished with college, I'm super busy and honestly feel quite detached from my own characters. There's so much I want to go back and change, but don't have the time to do. So I will try to somewhat finish the story for you guys, especially those who have been with me since the beginning.

Honestly, I don't think 'I'm back', I just finally have a small window of time after a long time, and probably won't get a similar opportunity for a while after this. I'm not sure If I'll ever finish FNT, so if you guys want me to publish my timeline/plan, I can - to make up for not finishing. Alternatively, I can turn my plan into a short story and publish that.

-

PREVIOUSLY on FNT:
Danny wins his fight, and tells Lexi he loves her
Teddy (whose real name is Claire) is asked out on a date by a guy at the hardware store owned by Eli and Jax's family
Teddy finds out that Eli (her best friend) slept with Bitch Claire by accidentally seeing private pictures one Eli's phone
They fight, and then go to Audrey's house to watch a big football game with the rest of their friends
Audrey confront Eli in a rage when she finds out how he reacted when Teddy found out about Claire
The next day at school, Bitch Claire and Eli flirt openly in front of Teddy

Chapter 21

    Thanksgiving is next week. Audrey is hosting a dinner at my house for all of our friends on the Friday night before Thanksgiving weekend because The Keplers are flying out to Chicago to celebrate with family.

    Audrey dragged Teddy over after school on Friday to help her cook. I was supposed to help as well, but my migraines had started to flare up again over the past few weeks. I'm sat at the sink, my feet submerged in warm water, my forehead resting on my knees, and an ice pack on my still hot neck. My migraine is still raging, but Audrey saw a post about this on Pinterest and apparently it's an efficient cure for migraines. The pain has subsided a bit, but I think that's more the strong pain killers as opposed to Audrey's remedy.
    The girls had suggested I go upstairs and lie down, but I'm bored of sleeping and really wanted to help them while they cooked.

    I know some people may look at our arrangement and scream sexism, but the boys were originally going to help us cook. Eli and Jax are the best cooks out of all of us, but we thought it would be best if they arrived a bit later, allowing Teddy a short period of reprieve after today's tense and awkward school day. The boys are going to come over in an hour to start their cooking. Jax made sure to delay their grocery shopping until today so we could cook for a couple of hours in peace. So that's where all of the boys currently were, grocery shopping. Which would normally worry me because of Adam's undying love for food. Where Danny was tall, and broad, he was slim and toned; the agile body of a boxer. The twins and Adam and George however were all build like football players, and had undying appetites to match. The twins were both over six foot like Danny. Adam was 5.11" and George was 5.9". Daniel was a healthy eater compared to the rest of us, the boy just didn't have much of a sweet tooth.

    It's been a few days since the incident in the cafeteria. All of the boys refuse to talk about what they did when they had left with Eli. We had all tired, Audrey asked Adam, I asked Danny. Even teddy had asked George in the class they shared together. All we know is Eli and Jax had gone home straight after and missed their afternoon classes. The next few days after that had been tense. Eli sat at the table, silently brooding. The one time bitch Claire had come to our table, he had walked off with her into the hallway. She didn't make another appearance after that.
    Teddy remained silent too, biting her lip, obviously trying not to lose her control whenever she spotted Eli and Claire together. The unused tears that shone in her eyes a couple times over the past few days had us all seething at Eli, I think even he hated himself. Yesterday he had been chatting to Claire at her locker as Audrey, Teddy and I walked passed them in the hallway. Teddy had been doing okay since the lunch incident, but this had especially hurt her because in the class before, bitch Claire had taunted her until she had to leave class. Teddy was the most studious of all of us, she's never been late to class, let alone walked out of one. Audrey and I had had no idea until a friend who was in that class had texted Audrey telling her what had happened. We had both left Spanish class before we had even reached the half way point to look for her, only to find her in a nearby stairwell, silently sitting there, refusing to cry.
    Although Teddy was the most fragile-looking of all of us because of her small frame and larger doe-eyes, she was a rock. Never had any of us seen her cry, or even shed a tear. But seeing her that day in the stairwell, seeing her come so damn close made me want to grab Claire by the hair and show her which one of them should have been crying. The three of us had wordlessly sat there until the bell rang, signalling that we had to get to our next classes. That's when we had passed Eli. When he had seen the sadness on Teddy's face, in her eyes. He saw. But he didn't do anything. Stupid, stupid boy.
    We all watched, hearts breaking and hands itching to interfere as the two best friends grew further and further apart in the space of a week. We all all had tried speaking to Eli, no one could understand his actions. And as for his reactions... Well, there weren't any. He had shut down.