Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The Friday menu for the cafeteria is a lie. I cringe a little as I slide my tray along the counter in the lunch line and catch a whiff of the... meatloaf? Loaf? Yes. Meat? Hell no. I opt for a salad and a fruit bowl and make my way back to the table.
I try to hide the instinctive frown that makes its way to my face when I see 'Pink' wedged against Danny's side. I sit on the vacant seat on his other side and cringe a little when my tray slams on the table. "The salad did nothing wrong," Jax says around a mouthful of meatloaf.

"Eat with your mouth closed. That meatloaf is ugly enough, I don't need to see it all blended and mushy in your mouth," I say as I stuff a mouth load of green leaves into my own mouth.

Jax opens his mouth and sticks his meatloaf caked tongue out. I smirk and show him my own half chewed food.

"Guys, stop," Teddy begs, staring at her own meatloaf lunch warily.

"That is so nasty," I hear beside me and turn to see Pink, a disgusted look on her face. I look at Jax, smirking when I see that his eyes are mirroring mine. We both turn to Pink and open our mouths, sticking our nasty tongues out. "Ew! What are you, five?"

The pair of us burst into laughter, and so does everyone else at our table.

Daniel tugs on my ponytail, shaking his head, he asks, "Do I need to tutor you in table manners, too?"

"Well, you can't seeing as I'm being dragged to a stupid party tonight," shrugging my shoulders, I turn back to my salad, stuffing another bite into my mouth.

"You're going to the party?" Pink asks me.

I nod and her expression deflates, but she perks up almost instantly and turns to Daniel "Will you pick me up, Danny?" she asks sweetly.

"Daniel," he corrects, "And I'm taking Lexi, won't make it on time if I make too many stops."

"Don't you live next door?" she asks.

"Technically, it's across the street," I add.

"So you can still come for me, I'm only ten minutes away, and on your way to the beach..."

"I'm taking the twins and Teddy, too," he says, making excuses.

I feel a little sorry for Pink, but really, she put herself in this situation. News spread fast of how Daniel treated the girls he slept with- the main reason I absolutely refuse to go there. His flirty, nonchalant and sometimes mean demeanour for some reason attract girls like a moth to a flame. Despite knowing he barely makes eye contact with a girl after he's bedded her, they still flock toward him, shirts already unbuttoned and panties already wet.

"By the way, Audrey is going to drop me off home today," I inform Daniel.

"Why?" Daniel asks, unpacking my fork. I watch as he stabs a piece of pineapple with the fork and lifts it to his mouth. I grab the fork from him and bit down on the pineapple. "Mine."

"Sharing is caring," he says, taking the fork back.

"I don't care," I say, taking the fork back after he eats a piece of apple. "And we're going bikini shopping with Teddy."

"I wanna' come," he says, smiling widely.

"Me too," Adam pipes up from across the table.

"Aye," Eli says, holding his fork up in agreement.

Teddy's brows shoot up and her skin flames up, "No!"

Eli grins, "My fashion sense is amazing, Darlin', you know you need me there."