Chapter 1

Heloo Again,
So this is my first chapter, it's not too long- just a little intro to Alexa's character and a few others. I'll be uploading chapter 2 pretty soon- you'll get to meet Daniel there ;) I hope you like this chapter, I'm trying to keep them short- don't want to bore you guys right of the bat.
-
Chapter 1
114 words. I've been staring at the little blinking text cursor for the past hour. Blink. Blink. Blink. I read over the petty half paragraph I've already written and groan in frustration. Walking over to my bed, I take my phone off my dresser and dial Audrey.
She answers after one ring. "Please tell me you've finished your report," Audrey says before I can get a word in.

"Well hello to you too," I laugh.
Audrey sighs on the other side of the line, "Hello, hello," she says speedily. "Now tell me Love, have you finished your report?"

I look over at my laptop and cringe, "How long does it have to be?"

"A thousand words, how many do you have?"

"Errrm," I hesitate, "you first."

The line is silent and laugh, "You haven't started, have you?"

Audrey giggles, "Nope," she says, popping the 'P'. "Please, please, please tell me you've finished and you're emailing it to me right now."

"Nothing, I have nothing. But I can email you my petty one hundred and fourteen words if you want."

"You. Are. A. Useless. Best. Friend." She pronounces each word louder and louder until she's screaming the last one.

"Audrey! Shut up! I'm on the phone!" I hear her older brother yell.

Laughing, I say, "Well, best friend, I must go and finish my work now. I suggest you at least start it."

"No! Lexi, I can't do it. As soon as my fingertips touch the keyboard, I get light headed!" She says quickly.

"Rolling my eyes at you," I say, "Now do your work!" I yell quickly and end the call before she can reply. I stand up and walk over to my desk. "Alexa! Come down and set the table!" I hear my mother yell before I can sit at my desk. I smile to myself, saved by the bell.

As I enter the kitchen, I see my little sister Alissa sitting on the island watching my mom. She swings her legs delightfully as she swishes around her wand. Unlike most six year olds, Lissa refuses to dress like a princess. Instead, she's wearing a striped witch's costume- her rainbow tulle skirts are spread out around her. Walking over to her, I pick her up and put her on my hip, "Wanna' help me set the table?" I ask her.

"Do witches set tables?" she asks me thoughtfully.

"Of course they do," mom says turning around and placing four plates on the island where Lissa was just sitting, "Now come on you two, get the table ready before daddy comes home."

I put Lissa on the floor and mom hands her four sets of cutlery. Grabbing the plates I follow her into the dining room.

I walk around the table placing a plate in front of each chair. Our dining table is quite large, it seats ten people- mom and dad love having people over. I look up to find Lissa carefully placing a fork next to a plate. Her tongue hand slightly out her mouth as she bites it, she carefully adjusts the fork, her concentration is too cute.

I hear the front door open as my father asks, "Anyone home?" in way of greeting.

My mother and I both yell, "No!" in reply, Lissa still busy perfecting the position of the forks.

Chuckling, dad walks in and picks Lissa up. She gasps as she accidentally moves the fork out of place, "Daddy! Look what you did! I spent hours working on that," she huffs and crosses her arms over her chest.