Chapter 1: The day that changed everything

I woke up to the sound of my screeching alarm clock. It was a Monday, which meant I had to endure another week at school being unnoticed. I quickly get out of the bed looking into my closet to find something decent to wear. Once I find my clothes for the day I go into the bathroom to take care of my hygiene necessities. I decided to wear my skinny jeans with my black converse and a black aeropostale shirt. I took one last look into my full length mirror at my appearance. I have long jet black hair, that everyone assumes is a weave but isn't, I stand at 5'2, and I have a smooth caramel skin complexion, and deep brown eyes. Satisfied that I looked ok I grabbed my stuff for school and went into the kitchen to get me something to eat before I was ready to leave. After a quick breakfast, I settled into my car for the drive to school.It's only a fifteen minute drive from my house to the school so I got there in no time. The first thing I do once I enter the school is go straight into the library. I'm a big book lover, give me a book that I find interesting and I can read it all in 6 hours or the very next day. As I start to look for a good table to sit down at I hear someone call my name.

"Angel, girl I called you last night" .

It was my best friend Janelle. She was like family to me. Our mom's met in high school and became the best of friends.

"My bad you know I don't always be in the room with my phone".

"It's ok I didn't want anything anyway. Did you see your man today"

I automatically knew who she was talking about and just that mention of him made me blush. Ryan Austin. He is hands down the most sexiest man I've ever seen in my life. Every female at this school wants him regardless of if their in a relationship or not, and he knew it. He just had this confidence about him that was such a turn on.

"He is not my man. This is my senior year and I've had at least two classes with this man since 9th grade, if he hasn't noticed me by now he's not going to".

"You need to put yourself out there and grab his attention. Your a pretty girl, whose intelligent, and your loyal as hell. You would be the perfect girlfriend for him or any man up in here".

She did have a point especially the loyal part. I would approach him first and start a conversation with him, but I tend to go unnoticed at this school for a reason. Janelle is the only person at this school that I'm cool with like that, everyone else are just associates. Since I don't talk to a lot of people, they automatically assume that I'm the quiet girl which is far from the truth. That's also why a lot of people don't know my name, including Ryan. I don't think he even knows my name and the only time he may talk to me is if he wants to copy my work. I suddenly here the bell ring signalling that class is about to start, I swear the bell rings way too fast. I quickly tell Janelle that I'll see her later in 3rd period, and head off to my first. I got to my Econ class first which is usually normal for me. As the class starts to fill in the teacher gets up and starts writing on the board. The words "group work" and "only two people" stand out the most. I don't talk to anyone in this class at all. I'm just going to ask if I can do this project by myself, as I look around the room and see everyone is already partnered up. Just then Ryan walks into the room, late as usual.

"Ahh, Mister Austin late as always. We're doing a group project and it seems that everyone is taken except for Miss Maxwell".

"Who?"

That hurt my heart a little I'm not even gonna lie. As the teacher pointed me out she said one last thing to the class,

"This project will span out for the next two weeks so get comfortable with your partner because your not changing".

I noticed Ryan taking the seat next to me and I couldn't control my heart beat. This man is even more gorgeous up close and personal. I noticed he was saying something so I hurried to pay attention.

"So what is the project about?"

"Um... we have to create our own public good and explain how it would be funded with a visual for that good."

I became a little flustered at the end and started to blush. He looked at me with his pretty brown eyes and gave me one if his panty dropping smiles, and I knew I was in trouble. These two weeks should be interesting.