Chapter 3: Giving it my all

If I was your woman
And you were my man
You'd have no other woman
You'd be weak as a lamb
If you had the strength
To walk out my door
My love would over rule my sense
And I'd call you back for more

It was 2 a.m. and I still couldn't sleep. I'm laying on my back with my mind racing. My mind kept going over the conversation I had with Janelle. I know that my feelings for Ryan are deep just from the feeling I get whenever I'm in the same room as him. I understand what Janelle is saying about me putting myself out there, the only thing stopping me is my pride. I've never been one to chase a man nor will I ever. I also don't want to set myself up for a huge disappointment if I realize he isn't worth it. I can't keep thinking about this or I'm going to drive myself crazy. I turn over on my side determined to get a couple hours of sleep before school starts.

-At School-

I got to school 5 minutes before the bell rung. After taking forever to go to sleep my alarm had rung extremely too early, causing me to hit the snooze button. 3 times. Janelle has already texted me telling me not to be nervous and to flirt with Ryan today. As the class starts to fill in I notice Ryan unusually is on time today. I keep my eyes focused on my phone not wanting him to see me looking at him. From my provisional I see him talking to some of his friends before the teacher tell everyone to sit down and get with their partner.

"Who is my partner again?", is all I hear coming out our Ryan's mouth and I swear my heart is breaking.

I'm definitely leaning towards him not being worth it. I don't hear what the teacher's response is and I don't notice Ryan is next to me until I feel him touch my arm to get my attention. I should really stop zoning out whenever he tries to have a conversation with me. I look up at him and give him a small smile to let him know he has my attention. This day it's just getting more worse.