Chapter 2: Confronting Janelle

School was finally over and I couldn't have been any happier. I was kind of avoiding Janelle today during 3rd period, I didn't want to tell her about my project with Ryan. She's that outgoing friend that's not afraid to talk to people and constantly says what's on her mind. I already know she will be trying to convince me to put myself out there and take advantage of the next two weeks. That's where we differ I'm more of a homebody who doesn't like to draw attention to themselves, while she's the party type who doesn't care what people think of her. People seem to find it hard to believe that we're such good friends because of those little differences. We actually do have a lot in common, from our similar taste in music, to the fact that we laugh at all the same things, read the same books, and we sometimes let our smart mouths get us in trouble. Because she knew I was avoiding her, Janelle invited herself to my house after school to do homework, which we're in the middle of right now. I just hope she won't ask about Ryan.

"So what did you get for number 6?" I asked.

She just stared at me. It scared me a little. As long as I've known her I've never seen her this quiet. After another minute went by I couldn't take it anymore.

"Why the hell are you staring at me so damn hard? If you have something to say than just say it."

"Were you going to tell me that you and Ryan are partnered for two weeks for that econ project? I know how you feel about him so don't even try to sit here and tell me It's not a big deal."

I thought about it. Yes it is a big deal but I'm trying not to stress about it. He didn't even know my name so there is no point of me even giving him a second thought.

"In all honesty it's not... he didn't even know my name. I just want to get through these two weeks because chances are after this project is over he still won't notice me."

"Maybe, maybe not you won't know that for sure unless you try to at least form some type of friendship with him and then see where it goes. If you don't want to try anything then fine I won't mention it anymore."

She's right about how I should at least try to get him to notice me, I just figured if he hasn't by now he's not going to. I want him to notice me.

"Fine I'll try but if I see its not working I'm going to leave it alone."

All I heard was her squealing.

Ryan Austin would be the death of me!

An: Short I know and I'm so sorry. I've had the worse case of writers block in my life. Next chapter will hopefully be in Ryan's point of view.