Chapter 9: Surprises Part 2

Janelle in the M/M

Important author's note at the end of the chapter.

Angel POV

"So let me get this straight; you overheard Ryan having a conversation with his ex and you said nothing? Did you at least see her face"?

"No I was too focused on not being seen that I didn't even think about looking at her face. All I know is that he called her Sami".

After leaving Ryan's house I went straight over to Janelle's. I was currently in Janelle's room venting about my current situation with Ryan. By the tone of her voice I can tell this is going to be a long night. I sat down on her bed and got comfortable for the lecture I was about to get.

"What was I supposed to say. He told her that she needed to leave, and in case you've forgotten he isn't my man".

"Telling her to leave and telling her that they are never getting back together are two completely different things. So what if he isn't your man. He's been stringing you along for 3 months and you've taken it because you'd rather hold on to a piece of him if you can't have all of him."

"It's not that deep! I'm not even sure how I feel about being in a relationship right now. I can handle whatever me and Ryan are doing".

"If you can handle it why am I the one you always run to when you feel overwhelmed and need advice"?

Is she seriously complaining right now? I don't need a lecture I just wanted someone to listen to me without judgement.

"I didn't realize I was being such a burden to you".

"You're not a burden, but I wouldn't be your best friend if I didn't tell you the truth. What's the point of asking for advice if you're not receptive to it? You're problem is that you expect him to know how you feel when you won't open your mouth and say it".

I get where she is coming from I really do but it's not that easy. I'm an introvert I don't like confrontation. The thought of telling Ryan how I feel about him freaks me out.

"What if he doesn't want to change our relationship? Hell he may even want her back you didn't see his face when she left".

"Then he isn't worth it and you deserve better".

THREE DAYS LATER

My first thought when I woke up this morning was that "I hate Monday's". My head is still reeling from my conversation with Janelle. If I didn't have a math test I would consider not going.

It's been three days since I last seen Ryan. He tried to contact me and apologize for acting weird the last time we talked, but I brushed the whole thing off. I can admit my feelings are hurt at the thought of Ryan still having feelings for his ex.

In all actuality I blamed myself. I never told Ryan that I wanted to be in a committed relationship, and that deep down I was uncomfortable with whatever we've been doing for the last 3 months. We literally do everything couple's do we just don't put a label on it. Its about time we change that. I got dressed in a daze. It seems like ever since Ryan came into my life there's been one obstacle after another and I'm tired. I'm only 17 this is too much.

AT SCHOOL

I made it to school with 10 minutes to spare. I went straight to my first period econ class, the one I share with Ryan. My thoughts are all over the place because I still haven't figured out what I'm going to say to him. I was so into my thoughts that I didn't notice Ryan sitting next to me trying to get my attention.

"What did you say, I wasn't paying attention".

"Yeah I can see that. I was asking you why you didn't answer any of my calls over the weekend".

"I've been busy. Besides, you seemed like you were bothered when I left your house".

I was baiting him. I wanted to see if he would willing tell me about his ex stopping by. This is the conversation opener I was waiting for.

His left eye twitched, its a habit he does when he's about to lie. "It was nothing you're reading too much into it".

"You know you don't have to lie to me. I know when you're lying to me".

Before he had a chance to say anything the class room started to fill up and our teacher walked in.

"OK class we're going to start this week on Chapter 6. Make sure you pay attention there will be a quiz and a test on this material".

The class started to groan. I thought senior year was supposed to be fun. These teachers are trying to kill us with all this work. As we start to take notes and focus on the information being taught, there is an interruption.

The principal walked in with who I assume is a new student. The first thing I notice is that she is very pretty.

 The first thing I notice is that she is very pretty

"Shit", I hear Ryan say under his breath.

What's his problem?

"Mrs. Brown, sorry to interrupt. This is your new student Sami Miro".

My eyes widen there's no way this is the same Sami I overheard in Ryan's kitchen. This world is too small. Not only is she at our school but she has a class with Ryan and I. The universe must hate me.

"Hi Sami, take a seat next to Angel and we'll get you caught up. Angel raise your hand so she knows where you are".

I wanted the ground to swallow me up, this is awkward as hell. I raised my hand and she looked around for me. Time went in slow motion as I watched her eyes widen when she noticed Ryan was also in the class. She started to smile a little bit and I could practically see the wheels in her head turning.

Its about to be a long day.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Its taken me forever to find the motivation to write this chapter. College is very hard. I planned to have this up for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, but life got in the way. Expect another update either before 11/21 or the week of. What do you think is going to happen between Ryan and Angel now that Sami is back in the picture. Do you agree with the conversation between Janelle and Angel in the beginning of the chapter. Who's side were you on, or could you understand where both of them where both of them were coming from.