Chapter 11: Future Awaits Us

Angel's Parents

Ryan's Parents

Ryan's Parents

Angel's POV~What's been going on: 4 months later~~One week before Graduation~

Angel's POV
~What's been going on: 4 months later~
~One week before Graduation~

Graduation is a week away and I couldn't be more excited. I'm ready to get out of here and move away for college. Whoever said high school was the best time of your life lied!

Janelle and I both got accepted into the same college, Clark Atlanta University. Ryan will be going to the University of Georgia. We're planning to see each other every other weekend.

Janelle and Trevor have been casually dating for a month now. She tried to play hard to get at first, but he eventually wore her down. They're holding off on making things official because they are going to different colleges. He's staying in town.

Things between Ryan and I have been really good. We were the talk of the school for about two days. No one expected us to make things official, especially Sami. She had an attitude once she realized that Ryan had moved on, but she eventually got over it. Last I heard she was dating some guy in college.

Ryan and I crossed a milestone in our relationship, meeting each other's families! I was a nervous wreck the day I met his parents. His father is the sweetest man I've ever met. Mr. Austin treated me like family the moment I walked through the door. His mother on the other hand was another story. She couldn't stand me at first. She was very attached to Sami and her family, and she never lost hope that one day Sami will be her daughter-in-law.

All of that went out the window the moment she found out the real reason Sami and Ryan broke up. We were cool after that. My biggest enemy turned into my biggest supporter. My parents loved Ryan immediately. The only reservation being Ryan's mother previous attitude towards me. My mother is crazy protective so that didn't sit well with her.

As time is winding down I'm filled with so much anxiety. The future is speeding at me and I'm not sure I'm fully ready to embrace it. What if things don't work out as planned? What if they do?

~Present: Graduation Day~
Ryan's POV

~Present: Graduation Day~Ryan's POV

Today has been hectic. I can't believe high school is finally over! My mom won't stop crying and taking pictures of me. My father has had a permanent smile on his face since he woke up this morning. The ceremony went a lot quicker than we all thought it would. The way the school made us practice for it, you would have thought it'd take at least 5 hours. We were done in less than 1. I wasn't able to see Angel until the ceremony. Our parents are throwing us a joint graduation party at my house.

~At Party~

The party has been in full swing for a little over an hour. Everytime I try to get Angel alone somebody wants to pop up and reminisce about old times. I pulled out my phone and texted Angel to meet me on the roof outside of my bedroom.

It took 5 minutes before she was able to meet me.

"Why are we up here? You know our parents are going to be looking for us".

"I know I just need some quality time with my girlfriend. I've barely seen you all day. Come closer".

I pulled her to me and situated her to where she would be sitting in between my legs. My arms wrapped around her middle as I held her close.

"I know the future is scary and it may seem like it's coming so fast. I just need you to know that no matter what at the end of the day I got you".

She turned around and looked me in the eye before kissing me deeply. I returned the kiss trying to put all my emotion into it.

" Thank you I needed to hear that. I just want you to know that I got you too".

She looked so pretty. I knew now was the right time to tell her what I've been bottling up.

"I love you".

"I love you too".

I kissed her lips once again before I kissed her temple as I held her close. With Angel by my side I'm ready for the future no matter what it may bring.

The End