19 | The Suspicious Kakashi

19 | The Suspicious Kakashi

• • •

Kakashi's P.O.V

   Kakashi headed toward the hokages office. He had given the report of what had come of his students.  Kakashi's mind replayed the scene when the pink petals had started to fall. He remembered the effect it had upon him. He had become very dizzy and flashes of his past had been seen. It gave him a soothing feeling but also a dangerous  one. 

    As Kakashi headed downstairs , Guy was talking to one of the Anbu ops, who Kakashi  recognized as Genshu.

"Their bodies have been found by the gate. It seems as if someone is trying to threaten us." Genshu said , gruffly.

     "Or give a warning. We do have many enemies but what could they want? This is rather an unusual way of trying to threaten  or warn us."

     "I think they might be after the boy, Naruto I think?" Guy added, frowning.

   "The only ones after him are the Akatsuki. The enemy could be someone else and they came here for someone else," Kakashi  replied, suprising them both and himself.

   "Oh Kakashi , its very nice to see you. We were talking about what happened yesterday." Genshu smiled.

   "Ah yes I am aware. It seems like we should investigate the bodies before we jump to conclusions. "

      • • •

  "It seems like they died because all their chakra points have been blocked and have been sucked out. "

   Kakashi looked at the bodies.  Two of them. One was a female and the other was a male. 

    "Any identification,  Lord Hokage ?"  Kakashi asked.

   "As far as we know,  no. They're headbands seems to be taken off and we tried to look into which clan they were from. I came across Chi. The clan of blood.  The clan of blood have served the village proudly.  But they were very odd. At night they used to disappear and by morning they were near death. A member of the clan  said something touched them and they felt death, smelled death.  And one day they simply disappeared.  Left no trace, nothing.  The only thing we found was blood but not red, pink. These two are either survivors or just bait to attack us."

    Kakashi then suddenly remembered the incident that happened a few hours ago.  Pink petals. His reaction was to tell the Hokage immediately of what happened at training today, but decided to keep his mouth shut until he confirmed it himself.

      • • •

   Sakura dragged her self to the library. The news of the bodies appearing right after she did the jutsu seemed odd. The villagers had been scared and didn't dare set a foot outside until the Hokage had coaxed them that it was nothing and it was safe to go out.

   She skimmed through the bookshelves desperately trying to find a book. An hour passed and she still couldn't find it. Sakura spotted the librarian  sitting at her desk, drinking coffee.

"Can you help me find this book?" she pulled out a crushed paper , uncrumbled it and handed it over to the librarian.

The librarian raised a suspicious  brow. "You won't find that book here. Its labeled in the restricted area. What ya need it for?".

   "Actually that book happens to be a big key to my past. And how can I get it?"

   "Whats your name?", the librarian asked , while gathering her red strands which had escaped from her hairband.

"My name is Sakura", she hesitated. Would the librarian find out who she was if she told her last name?

    "Only Sakura? You can call me Maika." She smiled tenderly , reminding her of her mother. The familiar feeling fuzzed her up a little. "Its Haruno." She added quietly.

    "Pardon?".

   "My name is Sakura Haruno," She said, a tad bit louder.

     "Haruno you say? The book you're  looking for, does it have to do something with that name of yours?" Sakura nodded .

    "I'm not sure you will able to go in the restricted section but I can try to tell you how. The restricted section only opens for those who need it."

   She walked over to the last shelf and gingerly pulled out a book, which read "Secrets of Gorame". Maika flipped through the middle and pulled a paper out, which had few numbers on it.

     "Take this and go to the section of History . You'll find a small door that has a keypad." She handed the paper to Sakura and pointed her fingers  at the numbers. "Enter this number first, multiply it by four, subtract  it by fifteen. The answer you will get is the key to the lock. By the way if it doesn't open then I'm sorry. It opens up to the real owners if you get what I mean."

   "Arigatou, Maika-san "

   "No formalities Sakura , Maika is fine and what are librarians for if they don't know their own past  and way of books?"

         • • •

      Sakura sat in her cozy bedroom sipping on green tea, turning pages of the book she borrowed from the library. The restricted area had suprisingly opened even though Sakura had no hope that it would. She skimmed her finger down the table of contents. It stopped on chapter five. Who are the Haruno? Page #164

     Sakura quickly flipped through the pages until she reached her page. There was a small eye next to the chapters name. It read eight. Was this some kind of  who-read-the-book jutsu? Well I wonder who read it. As her fingers settled on the first word, the numbers of viewers changed to nine. Yes it was.

   She quietly read the chapter, her eyes widening as she carried on.

      • • •

Hey peeps. I know this is a short chapter but I wanted to post asap. Finals are coming up and its been hard. Well what do you think says in the book that Sakura reads? Ive been trying to answer everybody that asks whats happening in each chapter. Some are still confused but I promise you in further chapters all that confusion will be removed. I hope so . :) 

Life Update: So life has been tough. Im currently residing out of the US  for a couple years. I've made friends but its nothing like back home. Im doing O GCSE levels so the maths is a lot different then USA's math lol. I'm trying to settle here mentally and it isn't working. *sigh*

Today I read all the comments you guys posted, and I can't be more grateful to have such awesome readers. At times I laugh so hard that tears roll down and its an amazing feeling. I'd like to thanks you all for supporting me throughout this journey.