27 | The Forest of Death

• • •

       "You kids are about to find out why this forest is called, The Forest of Death." Anko yelled at everyone. They stood in front of a large forest which was guarded by metal gates.

      "Oo! You're about to find out why this is called the Forest of Death," Naruto mocked Anko, shaking his behind everwhere. "Like that's really going to scare me. I'm not going to fall for it."

      Anko smirked. "Oh pretty confident huh?" She threw a kunai towards Naruto. It grazed his cheek leaving a line of dripping blood. "Your kind are the first one to die." She told him, licking the blood from his cheek. "Spilling red, rich blood. ." She trailed off, blocking a long tongue with her kunai.

     Sakura stared at the grass ninja. She held a kunai wrapped in her tongue and offered it to Anko. "I believe you dropped it." She narrowed her eyes. The voice belonged to a guy, not a girl.

      "Thanks. But don't stand behind me radiating bloodlust." Anko replied. The grass ninja apologized and said something about the sight of blood riled him up.

      "Before we begin, all of you have to sign these. They're consent forms. Everyone will have to sign one. We want all the information covered before the first deaths occur. Sign before you get in, so we won't be held response. You wouldn't want me to get in trouble now would you?" Anko told the large group while handing them their consent forms.

        "Let me explain the test now. To put it simply, its no rules survival exercise." She showed the map of the forest. The tower was located right in the middle and the forest was separated by two halves; a river in between.

     "Within the confines of this carefully designed are, you're going to undergo a survival test. During the course of the test, you may use ninja art and weapon for your disposal. It's kind of fight to death situation. In this it's to capture a scroll."

     "Scroll?" Sakura asked curiously.

      "Exactly. There is a heaven and earth scroll." She replied showing two scrolls. "And your objective is to acquire both scrolls. There are 78 of you. Meaning 26 teams 3 member teams. 13 of you will start out with heaven scroll and the other 13 will start with the earth scroll. You will need both scrolls to pass. After you achieve both scrolls, head towards the tower."

   "You have 120 hours; exactly 5 days to complete this exam."

     She began explaining what happens to the team which lacked a member. They would fail. She also warned everyone not to open their scrolls and if they did, only they would know what's going to happen.

   "Go to the huts to gather your scroll. Once you are done, choose the gate you want to start with. One final piece of advice. Stay alive." Anko grinned evilly.

   Sakura's team headed towards the hut. It was seperated by a black cloth so no one knew what scroll they had. Sakura eyed the heaven scroll that Sasuke had in his hand.

  "We will now begin the Chunnin Selection Second Exam!" Anko yelled. Everyone rushed into the gates hoping to reach the tower quickly.

  "Alright! Let's do this." Naruto yelled once they entered the gates. Team 7 stood in the middle of a field, surronded by trees. Naruto suddenly ran into a bush to do his business. Meanwhile Sakura pondered on her thoughts.

  "Oh that felt good." Her attention snapped to Naruto and noticed two things. She flung her fist at his direction and so did Sasuke. She smirked. He seemed to have caught on.