13 | Her Last

13 | Her Last

• • •

Pic of Chi as human on sidebar -----▶

   "Chi? I think I know you."

   Sakura was standing in her mind holding the cage's bar. "Good.    But you've only seen one memory. And if you see one important one, then you'll be able to know the truth."

   "Sakura?", a feminine but rash voice coughed out.

    "Okaa-san!" Sakura ran to the next bar and saw her mother. She was in a condition no one wanted to see at the moment. Most especially Chi. She knew something was going to happen and the time had come. Akira's face has become thin and so did her body. In fact, she was so thin that her bones were sticking out.

   "O-okaa-san! Are you alright?"

     Her eyes which were losing color, looked up. "Sakura the time has come. The time I disappear and so will your strength. Protect what's precious to you. Don't let them go. For your strength are now in their hands. Half of you they hold. Behold, you will rise and become the greatest of all. Remember, protect what you are and your friends. Now their lives are held in your hands. "

    The cage in front of Akira disappeared and so did Chi. Che stepped out and Sakura was amazed at what she saw.

     A girl her own age, a bit older. She had black hair and brown eyes. She had a sword and she was wearing a black skirt with a black shirt. She was also wearing black socks and shoes. Her bangs came uptill her eye and she looked at Sakura."Ah, Sakura-hime?"

   " C-chi?".

   "Yes?"

   "Chi-san. Why is okaa-san reacting this way?"

   "Your okaa-san, well she's. . . her time is up."

    "What? No, this cannot be happening. Okaa-san!" She cried, while cupping her mothers thin face.

    Akira faced her daughter, "Chi. Tell her the truth. Tell her the things I wasn't able to tell her. Take care," With that her eyes closed and she fell on the floor.

   Slowly Chi stood up and walked to her body. Her hands weaved into signs and she began to mutter words that Sakura didn't understand.

   As she mumbled, Sakura saw her mothers body slowly rising. Lights began to flow around her body and it slowly took her up to a funnel that was slowly opening into the sky.

   She heard a slight whisper, "Arigatou, my dear Sakura" , then the voice slowly faded.

"No!" Sakura's dropped onto her knees and sobbed.

• • •

   Sakura started at the girl in front. " Chi-san, please tell me the truth."

   "As you wish, Sakura-hime".

   "Your mother died because she knew her time was going to come. She was going to tell you the truth. But it looked like the jutsu the women had casted died and so did your mother."

   "Who was the women?"

   "The one who took care of you in Konoha."

   "You mean my foster mother?"

    "Yes you can say that, but she was a clone made by the real Mebuki."

    "You mean, Mebuki-san was dead a long time ago and- and this was just her clone? Why didn't you tell me before?"

    "Yes she was, Sorry Sakura-hime, I couldn't tell you sooner because you hadn't regained your memory then."

    "Please continue, Chi-san." Sakura added in a whisper. She couldn't hold it any longer. She was going to cry. Chi looked at the child sadly. No child had the right to go through this much pain.

    "Sakura-hime. You're strong. I'll always be with you. We'll stay strong."

    Sakura turned and smiled at Chi. "Y-yea, you're right. I'm strong. Were strong. We'll make it to the end together."

     "Sakura I have to tell you another thing. When you turn sixteen, your powers will suddenly decrease. Like for example the sharingan. Your not a full blood Uchiha. So the sharingan will stay, but you'll have side effects coming along. I do not know about your other powers. Your inner is also made up by your mother"

    "Oh."

• • •

     Sakura sat in her room. It was boring lately since Tsunade went on gambling and drinking sake. Next year she would be leaving to Konoha as an orphan. No mother or father. Or no inner. Goodbye. She sighed. Things were getting harder.

    She had no one to depend on except Chi.

    "Sakura?"

    "Oh hey Chi."

     Lately Chi couldn't be sealed back in Sakura. So she had to hide and live with Sakura for a while. Sakura didn't want to tell Tsunade since she could solve this herself. Now she depended on herself. No one but herself. She took a deep breath.

    "What's up?"

   "Nothing much, Sakura-hime."

    "Please don't use the honorifics. Just call me Sakura."

    Chi nodded her head and disappeared, which meant Tsunade was coming. Sakura wasn't surprised at all. Chi was a wolf-girl.

  "Sakura!" Tsunade came in the door carrying weapons.

    "Unfortunately we have another mission. But this isn't just any mission. Were going to a place called Ukati. Its where those rare plants are Daisuke. They come out tomorrow night. We have to get them because the people of this village have been poisined and they need it."

   "Okay, Lady Tsunade ."

• • •

      Meanwhile somewhere else.

   "They're coming to get the plant! My lord." A male spoke, jis voice barely above a whisper.

  A shadow rose out of the bush. "Ah. Yes. And who's coming with them?"

   "My lord. It's Tsunade and a girl with pink hair."

  "Pink hair you say? Well, well, interesting. Shisui, it isn't long since we saw your precious jewel. Shisui! You hear me? We'll kill her if she's your daughter and take the blood within her. Then we will conquer the whole world with it! Right? My loyal servant?"

   "Yes, my beloved lord. We will. " Both of the people had satisfied smiles on there face.

• • •

  Long time no see. Its only been 2 weeks.  Btw I am sorry for the short chapter. Schools been a lot lately. First term exams coming up.

Vote
Comment
Share
Become a fan :)