Chapter 3: W-who are you!?

*Kuro's POV*

I watched as Maya stared out the window. I was starting to get worried. It has been a few days since she ran off and ever since she came back she would sit at the window. The only times she would leave the window was when she had to eat, I take her out for walks, or when it's time for bed. I finished making bacon and put some in Maya's food bowl. "Maya. Look I made your favorite. Bacon." I said placing her food bowl on the ground along with her water bowl.

I put some bacon on my own plate along with pancakes and eggs with cheese. I watched as Maya walked over and started eating. Once she finished eating and drinking she went straight back to the window. I sighed and began eating my own food.

*Maya's POV*

I know something's out there watching. But what? And why? I then saw something move around in the bushes. All I saw was a red spot of fur before it disappeared. I started barking loudly getting Kuro's attention in the process. "What is it May-May? Do you see a rabbit or a squirrel?" She asked looking out the window. "I don't see anything." She said after looking around and walked away.

'That's caused you missed it, Kuro. But I saw something. I swear I did.' I tried saying but I knew fully well she couldn't understand me. I missed the time when she could though. Kuro was originally a dog demon but was turned human and therefore she can no longer understand what I'm saying.

*Timeskip*

I was laying down when I heard something walking around downstairs. 'Kuro must've forgotten to lock the doggie door.' I thought and got up. I started to walk downstairs when I heard a crash. I looked down thinking it was a robber. When I arrived I couldn't see anyone anywhere but there was a smashed vase on the ground. I began sniffing around the spot and caught a scent. I then followed it and saw it lead out the doggie door that leads to the woods in our backyard.

I peeked my head out the door and saw pawprints leading into the woods. I began to follow them. They stopped at the bushes I spotted that thing at. I bared my teeth and growled when I heard something move. I then pounced on whatever was in the bushes. We both tumbled out the bushes.

When we stopped I was pinned down by the thing. I looked up and saw a red and black husky with a human like smile staring down at me. 'W-who are you?!' I asked feeling a little scared. The husky didn't answer. Instead he got off of me and ran back into the woods leaving my question unanswered. I would've followed him but I knew Kuro would be worried if I wasn't at the house when she woke up. I headed back but turned to look back for a brief moment. When I got back in the house i locked the doggie doors and went to go lay back down.

(Hey guys tell me what you think of this chapter.)