The New Dog

Kuro walked downstairs and yawned. As she walked into the kitchen she heard scratching and whimpering outside the back door. She walked past Maya who was sleeping at the window. She opened the door to find a black and white husky. "Aw hey boy what are you doing out here?" She asked. She bent down and pet him. "You don't have on a collar so you must be a stray. Well we can't have that. Come on." She stood up and let him in.

After he was inside she closed the door and went into the kitchen. She took out a can of dog food and got Maya's food and water bowl. "Maya won't mind if he used this." She poured water into the water bowl, opened the can of dog food, and poured it into the food bowl. Once finished she exited the kitchen and placed the food and water bowl near him. As he began eating Kuro sat nearby. 'Hm he needs a name. What should his name be?' She thought.

"Here Buddy." She tried calling but he didn't come over. "Max come." She tried again. Still he didn't come. "Rocky here boy." She said. He looked up at her and walked over. "Rocky it is. Hm I'll need to get him a collar, leash, food bowl, water bowl, chew toys, and a dog bed. Maybe I can get Anzu to watch them while I'm gone." She thought out loud. Just then Maya woke up and stretched. She immediately looked out the window and sighed in relief when she saw he wasn't there. When she turned around, however, she spotted the husky and began to growl.

"Maya you're up. This is Rocky. He's a stray. When I came downstairs he was scratching on the back door whimpering. So he's gonna be staying with us. Now you better be nice ok." Kuro said. She then got up and went upstairs to go get her phone to call Anzu. Once she left Maya charged at the husky and tried to pounce on him but he moved out the way. She glared at him slightly. 'I'm warning you. If you hurt my master I won't hesitate to rip your throat out!' She yelled and trotted away.

As soon as she left the husky smiled a human like sinister smile. 'Don't worry. She's not the only one who's going to die.'  He thought looking after her.