Tuba

The goofiest section of all. Except for some bands it isn't always the tubas, it could really be any section.

They are a section composed of mainly testosterone, but the ocasional female here and there.

They tend to latch on to some sort of object, and make it their mascot/child. For us this item was a rock, and it was named Tuba Rock. The name changed however when it went through a gender change, and became Tuberta the Rock. The first year it was a thing, my freshman year, it was kidnapped and there was a ransom note saying more pieces will be cut off if the demands of the tubas performing a song and complementing the woodwinds were completed by dinner of the finial day of band camp. The ransom note included a pebble which was a warning. The rock is safely returned at the end of band camp every year. Except sophomore and now junior year this has become more of a Tuberta ran away due to neglect from the section. And wanted an apology of complementing the woodwinds and singing a song at dinner. Again the demands had to be met by the end of band camp or Tuberta would not return.

The tuba section is also wildly inappropriate and they tend to make inappropriate jokes. It's a very childish and loud group. But it's where the heart of the band is and the heart of the bands spirit.