Warning: May Make You Cry

Today marks the day of our last rehersal for our show for the season. I'm a junior, so I still have next year. It isn't quite time to say goodbye to the seniors though. Remember we still have most of the school year. But for them the last competition is the end. The end of marching band. Or at least high school marching band for the ones going to march in a drum corp or college marching band. So it get super emotional, as you all know very well, after the last performance you do. Whether it's at a football game, state finials, Grand Nationals, quarter finials, the World Cup. (Hey who knows crazy things happen all the time.)

BTW who thinks the super bowl would be cooler if they had a drum corp play as pep band and be an added half time show?

Anyway today was the last show rehersal with the seniors. (We have a parade after state.) We go to State on Saturday then most likely than not finials, and at full retreat. It's a bloodbath of tears. The seniors who watched many other classes leave the band are now accepting that they will too. And the realization will hit them that it really is the end and that the time goes so fast. Today didn't feel like the last rehersal of the season, but that's just because no body thought about it. But this isn't the end, we still have the rest of the year. Enjoy what time you have left with your senior friends and try not to think about how that will be you in a couple years. It just makes you more sad. Instead celebrate what an amazing season you guys have had together.