Rainy night

Warnings: none

Dom/Sub: seme!Guren x uke!Shinya

Word count: 1398

A/N: Sorry for a little late update. I recently started watching Haikyuu!! and then all I did for the past few days was watching it. And jfc it's awesome, how can anime about volleyball be so awesome *-*

Writing prompt:

Imagine your OTP walking home after going to dinner on a rainy night. Bonus: They don't have an umbrella, so they're foolishly running through the rain. Person A is grumpy about the weather at first, but Person B loves the rain and is giggling as they run through, and Person A eventually finds themselves smiling at Person B's childish behaviour.

~

It was already night, but it was darker than usual, for the moon and the stars were covered with thick full-of-rain clouds. Guren and Shinya were standing on the doorstep of the restaurant they just spent the whole evening in, gazing at the sky.

"We really took our time at the restaurant," Shinya remarked, "It's already dark."

"This is what you're thinking about?" Guren asked and frowned.

"What else am I supposed to think about?" Shinya sounded genuinely confused.

"I don't know, maybe that it's going to rain and we don't have an umbrella?" Guren exclaimed quietly.

Shinya's confused expression changed into a wide smile. "We don't have to worry about little rain. Let's go."

"Little rain my ass," Guren shouted, trying to be louder than the downpour that started a few minutes ago. They were fast walking down the sidewalk, with a fence, separating the street from the park, on one side, and the road on the other, meaning that there was no shelter around.

Shinya just laughed apologetically, easily keeping pace with Guren, although he was all slouched because his jacket was pulled over his head while he was still wearing it.

"There's a store ahead. It's still open," suddenly said Guren and pointed somewhere ahead. Then he broke into a sprint, holding the hood over his head with one of his hands, trying not to trip on the slippery sidewalk.

"Hey! That's a head start! No fair!" Shinya called and started chasing after him.

He didn't catch him. When he reached the convenience store, Guren was already searching through the shelves, looking like he didn't just sprint 100 meters. His hood apparently didn't help much, since his black hair was totally wet and sticking to his forehead and temples.

"Going to the gym definitely paid off, huh," Shinya remarked, completely out of breath in comparison to Guren.

"I guess," shrugged Guren, still wandering around the shelves. "Damn, are they really not selling any umbrellas?" He ran his hand though his hair in frustration, or maybe it was just to put his wet locks out of his field of vision and prevent the droplets of water from falling on his cheeks.

"I don't think we even need an umbrella anymore. We're already completely drenched," sighed Shinya, but then his face lit up, "I always wanted to just let the rain drench me completely, enjoy the feeling of water droplets on my skin. I always wondered how it's like."

"Just take a shower," Guren mumbled, still annoyed that he didn't find the umbrellas.

"That's not the same," Shinya pouted, then grabbed Guren's hand and pulled him away from the shelves and back towards the entrance/exit.