Flower Petals

Warnings: angst, blood, troubles with breathing, dying?

Dom/Sub: seme!Guren x uke!Shinya

Word count: 1854

A/N: Hi, long time no see. Here's the future of this book: I've decided to write a few more parts and post them until the end of this month. Then I'm going to officially end this book (and so will the 2017). Thank you if you're still reading. :) And sorry for this angsty part. xD

Note for the end of the text: The ending is completely open, interpret it however you want. c:

Summary:

Hanahaki Disease is a fictional disease where the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

~

Shinya really liked flowers. He liked them ever since he was a kid. He liked to take care of them and watch them grow, admiring their fragile and unique beauty. In time, this got him to the point of owning his own indoor garden at his apartment (which he took care of every day) and even working part-time at the florist's.

He was particularly fond of his job: he earned enough money to survive his years as a university student, he got to work with flowers and... this guy named Guren Ichinose visited the shop every Friday afternoon and bought a bouquet of flowers.

Shinya had already realized and admitted to himself that he indeed had a crush on Guren Ichinose, but he didn't really do anything else about it. He just waited, impatiently, every Friday, for him to appear in the shop; and Guren was always there, always on time, buying the flowers and they were always of a different kind.

This Friday seemed just like any other. It was around half past four in the afternoon, and Shinya was secretly glancing at the clock; his head felt light and his stomach was clenched in positive nervousness - in anticipation.

Ten minutes later and the front doors opened. It was indeed Guren Ichinose who appeared in the doorway, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase, just like he always did. Shinya pretended he was busy with something, and that he noticed him only when he stepped closer to the counter. The florist's heart was beating really fast and he didn't know what to do with his hands.

He looked up, smiling politely at Guren, and in that moment he noticed that Guren wasn't alone - there was a girl with pastel purple hair standing (almost hiding) behind him.

"Mr. Shinya," Guren greeted him like he always did, with a genuine smile on his face.

Their relationship was hard to label. They talked pretty casually with each other, but still addressed each other formally. They did know a lot of basic stuff about one another (because they had a habit of chatting while Shinya was arranging the flowers), but nothing personal. Shinya of course wanted to improve their relationship, but he never had enough courage to ask Guren out, and Guren also didn't make any move.

"Good afternoon," Shinya greeted back, a casual smile plastered on his face. He stared at the girl instead of Guren. "How can I help you today?"

Guren noticed where Shinya's gaze was immediately. He put his arm around the girl's shoulders and pulled her forward.

"This is Mahiru. She's my fiancée. Mahiru, this is Shinya," Guren introduced them to each other.

The feeling of butterflies in Shinya's stomach suddenly turned into sickness and his chest felt tight. With the corner of his eye, he noticed his co-worker Sayuri (who had been cutting flowers and clearly eavesdropping) tensing up. She was the only one who knew about Shinya's crush on Guren.