Storm

Warnings: none

Dom/Sub: seme!Guren x uke!Shinya

Word count: 1301

A/N: I think we all need some fluff after that kinky smut from previous chapter. Also Doctor Strange is awesome, go watch it *~*

Summary:

Shinya is afraid of storms and he can't fall asleep.

~

Lightning flashed and illuminated the dark sky and for a brief two seconds night turned into a day. Thunder followed almost immediately after it. Huge droplets of water were causing a loud rumbling noise when they hit the outer window sill. Strong wind was making the window shutters clatter loudly.

Shinya was lying on his bed, curled up in a ball under the blanket that was pulled all the way up and over his head. He was squeezing his eyes shut, trying to fall asleep, but it wasn't working. He hated storms and thunder and heavy rain and rattling of the window shutters (he didn't want to see the lighting either). In any other situation, he would be listening to loud music via his earphones, blocking out the rumbling sound of the storm, but right now he was trying to fall asleep, because he had to get up early. His phone was charging on the other side of the room, so it would also be quite hard to use it.

Thunder rolled again and Shinya shivered under the blanket. He was trying to think about happy and relaxing things, but all he was actually thinking about was thunder, heavy rain, please don't hail and natural disasters. He knew he was going a bit far with the last one, but he became really paranoid when something loud was happening with the weather.

After ten more agonizing minutes and many crashing sounds of thunder later he decided that he really can't take it anymore. He carefully crawled out of his bed, praying that the next thunder will wait long enough for him to find and hide in a safe shelter.

He almost ran out of his room and into the room of his roommate. Guren was probably sleeping, but Shinya didn't give a damn about that. He shoved the door opened and stopped in the middle of the room. The sound of the rain got louder. It was horrible.

"Guren," he called out, his voice trembling slightly. "Guren! I can't sleep."

Guren moved a little and mumbled something unrecognizable. In that moment, another thunder crashed. Shinya whimpered quietly and covered his ears with his hands. At least Guren was already aware that he was scared of storms, so he didn't have to hide it. Shinya called Guren's name again and he intended to do it until the black haired man finally woke up.

"What do you want, Shinya?" Guren finally yawned and sat up in his bed. He rubbed his eyes and then sleepily looked at the other man.

"I can't sleep," Shinya repeated, his whole body now trembling, not just because of storm, but also because it was quite cold.

Guren slowly took in the picture before him: Shinya looked like a lost and scared puppy, standing there in the middle of his room. He winced noticeably when a sudden gust of wind caused the window shutters to rattle loudly, his blue eyes wide with terror.

"Did you try listening to music? That usually calms you down," said Guren, totally not getting any hints.

"No," Shinya answered curtly. "That won't help me fall asleep." Because right now, all Shinya wanted was one thing and that was the warmth of another person's body.

"Okay, then–" Another thunder cut Guren off and made Shinya jump. He looked even more startled than before.

Guren sighed quietly. He couldn't stand looking at his roommate being all scared like this anymore. He already knew what he had to do anyway.

"Fine. Come here," he said and moved to one side of his bed so there would be enough space for Shinya. He drew back the blanket and Shinya was immediately there, climbing onto his big, almost king-size bed.

When he curled into a ball beside him, Guren pulled the blanket back up over Shinya, shielding him from the cold and thunder.

"Better?" Guren asked.

Shinya nodded, but Guren could see that he was still shaking. Well, he probably needs some time to calm down, thought Guren, turning into his sleeping position and closing his eyes.

The situation improved only a little for Shinya. He was in exact same position as he was before, curled up in a ball, hiding under the blanket. The only difference was that he could now feel Guren's proximity, but that was it – he only knew that the other man was there, lying beside him. It wasn't comforting enough.

Rumbling sound of the rain suddenly got louder, like something hard was hitting the window sill.

"No, not hail," Shinya groaned quietly, covering his face with his hands.

About half a minute later, Guren finally muttered a reply, "It's not hail. It's probably just some really large droplets."

"B-But just listen to it... it's horrible," Shinya stuttered, trying not to think about all the damage hail can do.

"No. Don't listen to it," Guren suddenly said somewhat sternly. "Stop listening to it so attentively. You can't fall asleep if all you do is focus on anticipating when you'll hear another thunder or when it'll start hailing."

"But I can't just stop listening to it! I-If I could, I would already–"

"Gosh, you're such a baby," Guren cut him off and turned towards him.

His hands reached out, searching for Shinya, and when he finally found him, he pulled him back, pulled him closer, gently holding him in his arms. Although Shinya was yearning for this to happen, he was actually surprised when it finally did. But his surprise soon faded and he even relaxed pretty quickly. He felt safe with Guren's arms around him like this, forming an unbreakable shield.

And it was warm, so warm. His body was pressed against Guren's, although he was still maintaining his curled into a ball position. His head was on Guren's chest and if he listened really closely, he could hear his roommate's calm and steady heartbeat that was probably completely different from his own.

His nose was also filled with Guren's scent. It was mixed with the faint scent of a shampoo he used earlier when he took a shower, and the sweet smell of the fabric softener he used to wash the sheets. It was a very relaxing combination.

The storm was still going strong and even though Shinya still winced every time he heard a thunder, the sleep was slowly taking over. This position was really comfortable and warm and safe, and only now he realized that he was actually really exhausted.

Guren's eyes were still wide open and he was looking down at the mop of long silver hair. He could feel that the man in his arms was finally relaxing; he wasn't shaking anymore and his breathing seemed more peaceful. Although Guren managed to act really calm, he actually felt all weird and tingly inside, holding Shinya like this. It felt... really nice, actually. Shinya was soft and warm and fragile. Guren got this urge to protect him, to keep protecting him from the storm, or whatever else he was afraid of.

Guren's eyes gradually got heavier. His mind was also all clouded from sleepiness.

"I knew you'd come," he heard himself whisper. "I was waiting for you. But when you didn't come, I thought that you managed to fall asleep. That's why I went to sleep too."

He closed his eyes. Steady sound of rain was making him even sleepier.

"I'm glad you came."

He wasn't sure if Shinya had heard him. He knew that he would regret saying this tomorrow, especially if Shinya did hear him, but right now, he was too sleepy and too happy to care.

The storm outside was gradually calming down. The downpour ended and the wind turned into a light breeze. Lightning flashed far in the distance. There was no thunder following it.