Mr. Mime

Warnings: none

Dom/Sub: seme!Shinya x uke!Guren

Word count: 1625

A/N: I caught Jigglypuff today. // Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments :D Feel free to do it even more :3 (+comment and we can talk xd)

Summary:

Guren and Shinya are on vacation in Rome, Italy. While Shinya is daydreaming about culture, history and romantic walks around this ancient city, Guren is focused only on getting Mr. Mime - a Pokémon that can be only caught in Europe.

[inspired by danisnotonfire and Dan's Farfetch'd Quest in Hong Kong video]

~

"The weather is so nice today too. We're so lucky," Shinya exclaimed happily as he peeked through the window of their hotel room.

Guren just murmured in agreement, thoughtfully staring at his phone.

"I can't wait to see The Colosseum! And then Roman Forum and..." Shinya went on, but Guren didn't listen to him.

He was checking new information about Pokémon Go and Mr. Mime - that one Pokémon that could apparently only be caught in Europe. This one week in Italy was probably Guren's only chance to catch it; and he really wasn't letting go of this chance. He started preparing for this when he was still in Japan: he researched where it was usually seen and he bought all of those items that made Pokémon appear more frequently.

It looked pretty good and promising at the beginning, especially when Shinya caught Mr. Mime on their first day in their hotel room, but now it was their last day in Europe, and Guren still hasn't caught it. He hasn't caught it yet, and he was a serious Pokémon Go player. On the other hand, Shinya only played for fun (and because Guren did) and he caught this rare Pokémon just like that! How fair was that?!

"Are you ready? It's time to go," Shinya reminded him and picked up his backpack.

"Yeah. Let's go," Guren jumped onto his feet, determined to finally catch Mr. Mime.

"There are only Pidgeys and Ratatas around. Let's go somewhere else. Let's find a park," Guren grumbled, clearly annoyed. It was hot, his feet already hurt after waiting in line for so long and Pokémon Go app was telling him that there were no Mr. Mimes or other rarer Pokémon around.

"We'll go to Palatine Hill next, but now we'll explore Colosseum. I didn't wait in a line for half an hour for nothing," said Shinya, grabbing Guren's free hand and tugging him towards some steep stairs.

Guren didn't resist, but he was still trying his best to look as annoyed as possible. He was a true professional when it came to that.

"Think about it: 2000 years ago there were people walking around here, spectators walking up here to watch the games, gladiators waiting to fight in the rooms below, soldiers taking care of the animals..." Shinya's eyes were sparkling with excitement as he spoke. "Isn't it weird to think that someone from so long ago walked on this very same stone?"

"You know that gladiatorial games were just a bloody mess," Guren mumbled, completely unaffected by Shinya's words. "And the soldiers weren't exactly taking care of animals."

"You ruin all the fun," Shinya pouted, climbing up the last few stairs. "Oh, look at this view! The Colosseum is huge! Let's take a selfie, I want to remember this."

Shinya acted like what he was seeing was something straight out of his daydream, while Guren was mostly unimpressed. It was just stone (and half of it was missing anyway), sand and a lot of tourists.