Chapter 7

Aphmau POV

"I never got my memories back. I just never forgot." I sit up, rubbing my head. "I have a headache. Can somebody get me some water?" I ask. Jerome goes over to the sink and fills a glass of water before bringing it to me. I quickly drink the whole glass, giving the glass back to Jerome.

"What do you mean you never forgot?" Kala asks me.

"Like I said, I never forgot. I remember everything about my life." I stand up and take my budder and diamond sword out. "I never lost my items either. I just wanted to keep the only thing I had to remember my journey so I hid these two swords. I did try to escape the island before everybody else woke up but I was always teleported back." I explain.

"Why did you lie?" She has unshed tears in her eyes. Was it because of her memory loss or of the lies, having something she can never get back in her life. That, I will not know.

"I thought that if I had no memories like the rest of the few, I wouldn't be the odd one out. I asked Sly when we first met what would have happened if any of us knew our memories. He said they would be held captive, a suspect, of their amnesia. I would not have been here today if I remembered." I explain, looking around the room. I just noticed that everybody but Katelyn and Cadenza left.

"But you could have at least told me! I wasn't their when he said that. By the time I arrived, you all were good friends. When I came, I thought we became good friends. I asked if you knew your past but you said no!" She shouts at me, the tears finally falling from her eyes.

"Kala I-" I start but she cuts me off.

"If you remembered your past then maybe you could have helped us, the ones who don't know anything!" She shouts.

"I didn't tell you because I could sense people nearby!" I shout, standing up. "If anybody found out that I remembered my past then they could have used the people I love against me! They already had the sky army leaders when you first joined us. If they found out that I was tied to them, they could have blackmailed me to do something." I run out of the room, running past everybody who was talking in the hall. I send out my hover board and jump on it before flying away, everybody just walking out of the door. Katelyn sends out her hover board to chase me but it falls to the ground, out of power. I fly into the forest to let out some steam, charging my hover board as I'm flying to make it go faster. I land near a lake, a few towns away. I look up at the sky, droplets of water starting to fall. I just sigh and sit next to the lake, not caring that I'm getting soaked. It's dark and wet but I don't want to go back.

"Jess where are you?" I hear Cadenza ask through the link.

"Leave me alone."

"Where are-" I shut her out and just look out at the lake. Across the lake is a big open field with many flowers and an abandoned looking shack. I sigh.

"Would it have been bad to tell her? Or would have it been good. Why was she so upset about it?" I stand up and punch a tree, making the tree fall over. "Oops." I pick up the tree and balance it on the stump before walking away, jumping over the lake to get to the shack. Looks like I'm sleeping here tonight. I open the door to see a mattress without any covers, just a pillow and a set of drawers. I open the drawers to see a book with the word 'Diary' in the front. I open the book.

Dear diary,

Today, I was told to evacuate the ocean as the Sky Army was attacking. I know that we all have been trying to flood the earth but not all of us are bad. My parents stayed back to fight. It is always right to fight with your kingdom after all. I am here with many of the children and teenagers who cannot fight. Well I have to go now but I will be sure to update you.

The prince of squids, Squidward.

Well the squids must have been pretty stupid to have named their child Squidward. Either way, I should continue reading. This was the date of when we attacked. The day I turned sixteen. I turn the page to the next entry. A week after.

Dear diary,

I have just returned back to the squid kingdom to see many dead squids. I went to the throne room while I ordered the squids to look for any survivors. I saw my parents dead. Killed by them stupid sky army. I will get my revenge. The squids that went to find survivors came back with only a few soldiers. Well I will inform you on my progress. For now, goodbye.

Squidward

I put the diary down before walking over to the mattress. I should probably sort out my clothes but I don't care. I lie down and let the darkness consume me.