Chapter 13

Aphmau POV

Right now, I'm in mine and Katelyns room being bandaged up by Castor with Max, Ross, Barney, Sky and Jin waiting for an explanation.

"Turn around and lift the back of your shirt up." Castor says so I turn around and let him see my back.

"What hit you?" He asks, taking care of the big purple and blue bruise that's across the top of my back on the right to the bottom left. How do I know? I used Barneys vision. He still has the earring.

"A squid." I run my finger over the red marks on my arm from when I was help captive. "Max was attacked by some squids and Gawkins. I heard an explosion so I went to check it out." I explain as Castor finishes patching me up.

"But I thought Loki was dead. If he is dead then all of the Gawkins should have turned into dust." Castor gives me a look and I just look anywhere but his face. "Something you want to tell me Jess?"

"Loki isn't dead." I mumble, just loud enough for him to hear. "Well not fully anyway. I did kill him but the squids are guarding his life crystal. That was when I saw that the squids are still alive."

"And why didn't you tell us? We could have helped." Castor says.

"Because I was searching for the sky army. I already explained. You must really have short memory." I give him a look.

"Oh yeah..." I just sigh.

"By the way Max, what was that explosion?" I ask him.

"Well the squids lured me into a trap and it made me mad. I may or may not have blown them up." He smirks at me. We all just laugh.

"Well you are mad Max." I stick my tongue out at him.

"You are so lucky that you are hurt! If you wasn't, you would be dead." He growls at me and I just laugh.

"I'm glad, Max." He just growls.

"Anyway, can you explain the full story of the fight?" Sky asks, being his leader self. Ross explains to him about how he jumped into my hood as I left and stayed quiet, wondering why I was going into the forest. Max then explained the fight while Boomy was agreeing with him by hissing. He was going to tell them about what I said but I jumped on him before he could. They do not need to know that the squids were trying to kidnap me.

"Ouch Jess! What was that for." He asks.

"Uhh no reason!" I reply before getting off of him. Ross's scarf has healed all that it can so I take it off and give it back to him. "The scarf has stopped healing me for a while so here you go." I put it around his neck.

"Thanks!" He turns into his squirrel form and goes over to play with Boomy.

"Children." I shake my head. I should enchant his scarf for him later so we can communicate with the mind link. I also should enchant Barneys eyepatch instead of him using the earring since it doesn't look good on him. Even though it's budder. That reminds me...

"I got you a present Sky!" I hand him a bar of budder that I have had of his since the day I disappeared. He gave it to me for good luck in the battle.

"Wow! Budder!" He runs around shouting budder.

"Don't you mean gold?" Castor says. All of the sky army stop what they are doing, including me, and just stare at him like he had grown two heads.

"What...?" I tilt my head to the side.

"It's gold not budder." I take out a budder sword and hold it at his neck.

"Say that again. I dare you." I glare at him. He raises his arms up in surrender.

"It's budder. It's budder!" I take my sword away and smile at him.

"Good." The sky army goes back to what they were doing.

"Anyway, you should get some rest to help you heal." Castor says. I nod even though I'm not tired. "I will wake you up when dinner is ready."

"Have a nice sleep Jess." All of the guys hug me and leave. Well except for Ross who is playing with Boomy. I go under the covers on my bed before turning to face the now sleeping Ross and Boomy. They look so cute! I quickly get my phone and take a picture before sending it to Katelyn, saying how cute they look. She replies with a picture of Cadenza and Alex sleeping next to each other. I ship it! I put my phone away and try to get some sleep but I am wide awake so I'm about to get out of bed when I remember the diary. I take it out of my storage and go to the third entry.

Dear Diary,

It has been about a month since I last wrote in you hasn't it. Well since the attack, we have been trying to slowly build up the kingdom again while staying hidden from sight. The stealth leader has nearly come across us a few times but we were lucky enough to stay silent. I have also heard that the girl leader went missing. We could use that to our advantage. Well that's all for today.

Squidward

What do they mean that they could use me to their advantage? Before uncoils turn to the next entry, I feel something land on my shoulder, making me quickly put the book in my storage. I turn to see it was Ross.

"Hey Jess. What you reading?" He asks.

"Just a book." I reply. I think I should keep the diary a secret until I can understand it. It is written in the squid language after all.

"That book has weird writing. Is it even English?" He asks. I shake my head. He jumps off of my shoulder and turns back into his normal form before sitting in my bed.

"It's not English." I simply reply before yawning.

"I should let you get some rest. Have a nice sleep." He hugs me before yawning. I lie down and let myself fall asleep, knowing that my friends are okay.