Chapter 15

I entered the familiar grey room and observed the three people kneeling in the middle of it. A gun was pressed in my hand. It was heavy and cold against my sweaty palm. I could hear my heart banging inside my chest, wanting to jump out almost. I just wanted the nightmare to be over. A man walked in behind me and, once he closed the door, ordered me to shoot my three best friends. My arm rose against my will, aiming at Christina.

Right before I shot her, a flashback started. Us meeting. Her being annoying and cheerful and girly but also funny and kind. Us laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. Me jumping on her to save her from getting shot and ending up breaking my arm. Her waking me up at 3am to tell me about the wonderful dream she had. Then, I shot her.

Miles was next. Another flashback. We disliked each other at first. We fought a lot, and he was so stubborn and borderline cocky. I'd catch him giving me dirty looks all the time. We'd crash landed in a forest once and spent 3 days alone together, which changed everything. And man, did I fall in love with that bastard. For a second I saw our last kiss, I even felt it. It was only hours before I put the gun to his head and fired mercilessly.

Lastly, Oliver. We hit it off instantly - we had the same weird sense of humour neither Miles nor Christina understood at first. We made each other laugh so much we'd cry. He'd loved hugs more than anything, and you could always count on him to give you one even when you'd least expect it. Then, he was lying on the floor, dead.

I dropped the gun and waited. The nightmare ends there. It should end there. But then the bloody corpses started moving, sitting up and looking around.

"Wow, Andrea", Christina spoke. "Out of the people in the world, I never thought you would be the one to betray us."

"At least now we know you never really gave a shit about us", Oliver said, wiping the blood from his nose.

Miles stayed silent. He got up slowly, and I noticed that he was holding the gun I'd dropped only moments ago. He avoided my eyes. "It's been years. Maybe it's time you learn how it felt." His eyes met mine as he put the gun to my forehead and pulled the trigger.

----------------

All I could do is scream. The room was pitch black and, for a second, I was convinced I was dead, and the tangled sheets felt like the arms of death.

Suddenly, there was a blinding light and the air was sucked right out of my lungs. Screams died in my throat. I couldn't see properly through my tears, but I noticed a silhouette hovering over me. He was kneeling, his arms were next to my shoulders, propping him up. He had turned on the lamp that was next to my head.

"Andrea? Are you okay? What happened?" Bucky asked, clearly panicked. I blinked a few times to clear my vision. I was suddenly aware of the pain in my palms - I'd clenched my fists so hard, my nails were deep in my skin.

I looked up at Bucky. His eyes were wide and worried. I immediately felt guilty for waking him up. "I'm sorry", I hiccuped. The images were still fresh in my mind. "I had a nightmare."

"Oh", he whispered. He leaned away so I could sit up. I shivered when my sweat covered shirt touched the cold wall behind me. I looked down at my trembling hands. Tears were still rolling down my cheeks and I couldn't stop them. "Do you need anything? I can make you some tea", Bucky said softly.

I gulped. "Can I... Can I have a hug, please?" I asked. My voice trembled a bit. He nodded. I felt his hand on my waist as he pulled me on his lap. He held me close to his chest and rested his chin on my head. He was rubbing my back slowly. I couldn't return the hug. I just sat there.

Then, I completely broke down. My entire body was shaking and I sobbed into his chest. He just held me closer and waited.

This seemed to last for hours. Eventually, I ran out of tears and my body was too exhausted to shake. I was just numb. My eyes were so heavy. I slowly drifted to sleep.