Chapter Eleven: The Last Straw

"Jesse?" I pushed past Dean and Krissy. Bobby stared almost dumbfounded at the boy on the floor.

"Help me!" I snapped to no one in particular. Sam was the first to snap out of the shock.

"On three." He said, wiggling his arms under Jesse on the opposite side of me.

"What's he doing here?" Dean glowered, as Sam and I lifted Jesse from the floor. Blood had already stained the carpet, and was slick against my bare arms. Suppressing the need to gag, Sam and I cradled Jesse into the den, where Cassidy was rushing to spread out layers of towels on the old sofa. These old walls knew the scent of blood well.

"Easy. Easy." Sam whispered, as I maneuvered the odds and ends of the den, trying not to trip or drop the now moaning boy in our arms. Everyone in the house already gathered in the doorways of the room. He went rigid with pain as we finally set him down, quiet tears leaked from his eyes. The subdued cries of pain brought back memories of dark rooms and black eyes.

"Krissy, call Bentley. Tell him to get here fast and to be careful." I heard Bobby say in a hushed tone. I eyed the unconscious boy, noticing several cuts through the holes in his shirt. Pulling my knife from my back pocket, I wasn't stopped as I returned to Jesse's side.

"Rachel-" Cas warned.

"I'm not going to hurt him." I said, taking the knife I cut away at his shirt. "There is something on his skin." As I torn through the last strips, I felt myself go numb. I dropped my knife, stumbling back from Jesse's body, tripping over the low coffee table. Cassidy turned away, hiding her face in Sam with a small cry of horror. Even Dean and Cas paled at the sight before us.

As I knew, all too well, Lily loved to make a scene. Any way that she could prove herself to those "beneath" her, she would pull out all the works. Just as she had once done to me...

Carved into the body before us, was a sickening series of words. Delicately torn into the skin, almost as if to look like calligraphy. My stomach turned within itself, disgusted even more by the lengths to which she would go to toy with me.

From Jesse's collarbones to belly button read the words:

You have been warned for far too long, far too kindly. This is your last chance to stop the death. Stop the torture of all those but yourself. This is my final offer PRINCESS.

That word was carved deeper than the rest, just over Jesse's heart.

Should you refrain from meeting my demand, you will pay the heaviest of prices. Each day that you refrain, an angel will be ripped from the sky and their wings will be pried from their bodies as as slowly as possible, a child will be robbed of its future, and a new demon will be set forth. You're name will be burned into the back of their memories, as they destroy all those in their way till they reach you. Soon enough, the world will know your name sweet child and every hunter, angel, demon and monster will be coming for your head. The rewards I will place upon you will be the treasures one cannot even dream of.

I could hear her there, as if she were right beside me. Whispering to me how I was special. How I was going to be the most powerful being in this universe if I just said yes.

You have one week.

Your Obedient Servant,

Lily

P.S.

Don't bet on your "King of Hell", he is as good of dead now.

Wide-eyed, I turned back to my family. The room was quiet, except for Jesse's jagged breathing. I felt my eyes begin to burn. I didn't want to cry. Not now. The familiar weight was laid back upon my shoulders.