The Dark Side Chapter 8

~*~

The high pitch noise of the school bell rung through out the long, quiet hallways and classrooms. Almost every kid came rushing out; pushing and shoving each other to exit the building.

I, of course, took my time to gather my things before leaving to the public library. I was never one to rush out of school. I like it here, more or less. As for other students, well they can't wait to leave and be home sitting in front of their tv playing x-box, or out shopping and not doing homework.

It depends on the type of person you are. There is me, who loves being here, then there are people like Ashlyn. Speaking of which, here she comes walking down the hallways with a huge smile.

She held a sheet of white paper in her hand. She stopped walking once she stood in front of me. "I got a D on my History," she grinned. "I'm making progress, a F to a D. I'm so proud," she said.

I smiled and said, "I can see." "What did you get? Let me guess. An A," she said. "Correction. A+," I said. "Same difference," she shook her head, causing me to laugh.

"Let's get going. If you don't mind, can you take me to the library down into town?" I asked. "I'll pay for gas," I said. "For the low price of ten. Sold," she said. "Thank you," a chuckle escaped my lips. "I don't mind studying for a bit. It will help a lot for my grade," She said. "Great. I just need to go to my locker," I said.

We made a quick run to my locker in a hurry to gather my books before making our way to the front. "Is Harry here?" Ashlyn asked surprising me.

"No, I don't think so. Why?" I asked. "He usually is here," she shrugged. "I doubt he is here," I said. "He is quite mysterious and predictable. He is always here or at your house throwing rocks at your window like Pinto in Animal House," she said.

"Maybe if we walk out from the back then he won't see you," she said as we made our way out of the school brick building. "Or maybe if I just continue walking to your car and get in, then head over to the library; he won't see me hence the fact that he isn't picking me up," I said. "But why is his bike here and not him?" She asked.

"His bike?" I asked. She diverted her eyes across the street to see his motorcycle just twenty feet away from us. To our dismayed, he was no where in sight. His curly hair and leather jacket was no where in our view.

"How is this possible? I can't go anywhere without him. I'd like to enjoy myself alone for once but my parents are literally on watch. They watch my every move now," I sighed out of frustration and stress.

"Hey chill. It may or may not be him," she said calmly. I took deep, short breaths as I nodded. "Your right. I mean a lot of people have Harley Davidson bikes with the freshly new ink on the back that says H.S," I said. She stayed silent as she looked back at me with wide eyes. "Is that suppose to be a sarcastic remark?" She asked.

I sighed and shook my head. I walked past her and to her car that was parked by the motorcycle, unfortunately. "I'm serious was that suppose to be a sarcastic remark?" She asked as she got in, following after me.

"Ashlyn, what am I going to do with you?" I muttered. "I'm taking that as a sarcastic remark," she murmured. She closed her door and placed the key in the ignition.

The car started up and soon we were out on the road driving to the public library. The heater filled the car with warm air to keep us warm. Outside got a bit colder as the day went on. It was suppose to snow later on this week. I couldn't be more excited for it.

I always pictured having the perfect family out in the snow making snowmen, or snow angels, and playing snowball fights. I can see myself doing that with my future boyfriend too of course.

I was one for the cute, sappy, romantic love things. Apparently I can't have either hence the fact I ended up with a bad boy covered in tattoos who unfortunately doesn't like those things. Well what I know of that is of course.

Maybe it's time I live forever alone and get ready for college that is. I already have everything set and planned out for my career. Unlike Ashlyn, she plans on going where life takes her but that's what I like about her. She is never one to care what others think and she is so carefree about life unlike me.

I need some plan ahead of me. I can only see myself as a college, school girl. Not a party girl.

We pulled up out front of the familiar public library. We got out of the car and stood in front of the tall, two story building. The brick walls looked polished and rinsed. The empty park spaces were still the usual. The home welcoming smell filled my nose. It smelt like vanilla mixed with a bit of cinnamon.

I smelt in the scent as I made my way in. The automatic doors opened as I walked through them. Jill, the librarian, stood behind her desk that was by the front. Her eyes looked over at me.

A smile formed as she recognized me. "Back again I see Miss Smith," she chuckled humorlessly to herself. "And I see you've brought a friend," she said.

"I'm Ashlyn," Ashlyn said from behind me. "Good to see you ladies. Stay as long as you like," Jill gave us a warm smile. Ashlyn followed behind me as I walked to the romance section.

She departed soon after and away from me as she made her way to the textbook section. I scanned through the many difference selection of choice. There was many romance selections from teens to adults.

From The Notebook to Fifty Shades Of Grey to Dear John to Matched and even to the twilight series! There were many other books so I just started grabbing random ones.

I didn't care which one I took, I just grabbed and wanted to begin reading. I had about four books in my hand before I made my way over to an empty table by the small Starbucks that was located inside.

I pulled out the chair and sat down. I kicked my feet up on the table and picked up one of the books. What book may you ask? Fifty Shades of Grey. I've heard many things about the book. Most of them were good. I had to see what the book was about so I'd thought start here.

I flipped open one of the pages and began to read.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I took a sip of my Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks as I flipped the page. It was their special Holliday drinks. One of my favorites.

I've been here for over an hour or two by now. I couldn't stop reading. I was sucked into the book that it was very disturbing but also addicting at the same time. Many things were going on. I had so many emotions inside of me. I wanted to scream, yell, cry, and laugh.

I took another sip of my coffee and flipped the page. I heard a chair pull up besides me and a sigh escape the person's lips. "What are you reading?" Ashlyn asked.

"Fifty Shades of Grey," I simply replied not even glancing up from the book. "Oh I see. Trying to see what the people say are true," she winked. I placed the book down and looked up at her.

"You can say that," I smiled. I bookmarked my spot as I folded my arms. "Anyways, I came here to see if you are ready to go. I am tired," she said. "No go ahead. I can walk home," I said.

"I can't just leave you here," she protested. "Sure you can," I smiled, "No need to worry. I'll be fine. You've done enough studying for one night." "Ok, I'll see you at school tomorrow right?" She asked. "Yes," I replied.

She gave me a quick hug before walking away, leaving me in peace to drink and read. I watched her walk away before picking up my book in a quick second. I gasped at what Christian was doing. It was tremendous. Christian was leaving and said he wasn't looking for love in the beginning.

I continued to flip through the pages; I was so into it that was until someone sat besides me. I just ignored Ashlyn knowing she forgot something and she could get it herself.

I flipped the next page. A cough interrupted me causing me to grow the slightest bit of annoyed. I didn't dare look up as I wanted to continue to read. "Fifty Shades of Grey I see," Harry's voice echoed through my ears, "We should do that sometime." I gasp as I looked up at him with wide eyes to see he had on a cheeky grin.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I frantically looked around to see no one but us and a few workers. I sighed in relief as I pushed my chair out and gathered my things.

I held my books in between my arms and waist. In the other hand held my coffee. I walked past Harry and went to go place the three books back, besides my Fifty Shades of Grey.

Harry followed after me as he trailed behind me like a lost puppy. I walked over to the fantasy section. I scanned through the books till my eyes landed on one. True Blood.

It sounded a bit interesting. I pulled out the first book and read the back. It was about love and vampires. I smiled as I held it in between my arms. I went to the next section that was thriller. I've never really read any thriller books before.

"Read Innocence," Harry said from behind me. I rolled my eyes as I took out the book to read the back. My facial reaction seemed to have relaxed as I found the back interesting. Very interesting.

I placed it under my arm only to see Harrying grinning. I pushed past him as he still followed me. "Why are you following me?" I stopped to look up at him only to see his smile had disappeared.

"I waited to pick you up from school and you weren't there," he said. My face dropped as I listened to him. "I was worried," he said. I sighed and shook my head. "You didn't have to worry Harry. I am fine see?" I gestured to myself.

"I didn't know that. How did you get here anyway?" He asked. I bit my lip from saying anything knowing he would be in rage. "Did you walk?" He asked. I gulped and shook my head. "Then how? Annabelle tell me," he demanded to know.

"Ashlyn," I whispered as I hung my head. I knew he had heard. I looked up to see his face harden and it didn't show any other emotion besides rage. "You were with Ashlyn?" He said. He didn't even have to ask when he already knew the answer.

"Yes," I whimpered in fear. He said nothing but walked towards me. I shriveled in my shoulders and neck, afraid of what was going to happen. His body was inches away from mine.

His gaze was down on me. "Why?" He simply asked. I looked up at him and straightened my posture. "Why? Because she is my best friend since childhood. Why wouldn't I?" I snapped.

"I told you to stay away from her," he glared down at me. "You have no authority over me Harry. You don't choose who I go or do not go with. That's my choice not yours," I said. "I don't even have to be near you. I never wanted to. You follow my every move and give me no choice," I said out of anger. His eyes flashed hurt for a quick second before they turned into anger.

"Now leave. I don't want you here or want you," I pointed to the front of the library. I turned my back towards him and walked away. I went towards the back as I tried to loose him. I went down many different aisles. Aisle after aisle.

I tried my best to loose him in which I did. I stopped walking to catch my breath in a nearby corner. I looked at the section to see I was in mystery. I held my books close to me as I walked to the section to look at the books.

I saw many different books with interesting names. I stood up on my toes to reach a book that I found interesting but was knocked against the wall as I dropped my books and let out a gasp of surprise.

I smelt Harry's scent of cologne and his body pressed into me. My eyes were closed shut as I felt his breath hit my skin, sending shivers up my spine. His hips dug into mine.

His tall, stalking body towered over my small, fragile one. His hands had a firm grip on my waist. His lips were near my ear. I could hear his soft pants for air. Then he spoke.

"Do you want to say that again babe?" He chuckled humorlessly like he thought this was funny. His finger traced small circles on my hips, sending shivers throughout my body from his touch.

His soft, pink lips formed a small smirk. He pulled back and made me look at him. I opened my eyes to look back in his emerald green eyes that stared back at me, causing me to take my breath away.

"Well, do you?" He asked. I bit my lip and shook my head. His smirk grew. "I thought so," his husky voice whispered. He leaned in closer. I turned my head away from him. He pushed back my hair and sent a wink.

His soft lips made contact against my neck and the moisture and delicacy he made with each kiss. He trailed down each kiss repeatedly till he licked one spot to suck on and bite down on, flicking his tongue over it and repeating the process again. I couldn't help but roll my head back and let out a soft moan causing him to smirk and pull back by a little bit. He blew his cool breath over it and gave it one more kiss before his lips met near my ear.

"And you said you didn't want me around," he chuckled. "Do you still not want me?" He asked with a teasing smile. "No," I whimpered. His smile grew wider. "I'll see you around babe," he winked before walking away leaving me to my own thoughts.

I stood there in shock as my hands hovered over my neck where his lips were at. My face broke out in a smile as I couldn't keep it away.

Could it possibly be that I want him as much as he wants me?

A/n: A little intimated moment in here between Annabelle and Harry. What did you guys think!!?? Should I add more parts like this or no? Let me know!(: